Senior Autonomous Navigation Engineer
- Carrer de Pujades, 77, 08005 Barcelona, Spain
PAL Robotics is a robotics company developing humanoid and mobile service robots. Our goal is to develop robots that can perform useful tasks in the real world. We are a young and multidisciplinary team of highly motivated engineers, that have successfully developed several prototypes.
PAL Robotics is looking for a highly motivated research engineer in the area of SLAM and autonomous navigation.
The selected individual will be part of the team responsible for developing, integrating and maintaining the autonomous navigation system on Pal Robotics robots both with wheels and legs.
The robots are going to work in real environments and for this reason safety, robustness, fault detection and recovery should be taken into account during the project design and implementation process.
- Maintenance of the current PAL Robotics navigation system
- Long term navigation strategy development
- Autonomous Localization in indoor environment with multiple sensors: laser, cameras, WiFi
- Path planning and motion control with obstacle avoidance
- SLAM extension for Multi-Floor and Multi-Robot application
- Low-cost navigation solution development (RGB-D or camera)
- Code QA through Unit Tests
- Functional testing on simulation environment
- Stress test in real environments
- Availability to travel for Pilots and PoC
- Master's degree in Computer Science/ Control / AI
- At least 2 years C++ experience
- Knowledge about SLAM algorithms
- Proactive team working attitude
- Good communication skills (at least in English)
- Good knowledge of ROS and the ROS Navigation Stack
- Experience with real robotic hardware
- Experience with revision control systems (git)
- Experience installing and configuring Ubuntu or any other Linux
- Experience with 3D robotics simulation (Gazebo)
- Python knowledge
- The team is located in Barcelona, Spain.
- Flexible working hours
If you're interested, please apply using the link in this site, or submit your resume to [email protected] pal-robotics.com.
Please specify the job code JOB-2019-001 and job name in the email subject file.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.