Senior Electrical Engineer
- Carrer de Pujades, Barcelona, Spain
PAL Robotics is a company devoted to service robotics for research and industry markets. Our goal is to develop humanoid robots that can perform useful tasks in the real world. We are a young and multidisciplinary team of highly motivated engineers, that have successfully developed several prototypes and products.
Duties and Responsibilities
Analysis of requirements, conceptualization and development of electronic circuits with microcontrollers and peripheral components for AD/DA conversion, sensor technology/electrical actuators, bus interfaces etc.
Prototyping and products design, construction, testing and validation.
Provide technical support to other departments as required for solving technical issues and meet special customer requirements.
Define specifications, generate project documentation and reports.
BS/Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in the consumer electronics, robotics, industrial production, or other mechatronics industry as an electrical engineer
- Recent, product-focused experience designing multilayered boards including actual hands-on board layout, bring-up, and debug experience.
- Familiarity with a broad range of electronic components and hardware, including analog, power, FPGAs, microcontrollers, memories, logic, signal conditioning, and communication interfaces.
- Strong background on BLDC motor control drivers, CAN and EtherCAT buses
- Proven experience with EMI/EMC compliance challenges, design for reliability, and design for manufacturability.
- Hands-on experience with system development and product integration
- Experienced Altium Designer user.
Good C/C++ programming skills.
Willing and able to travel
Fluent English (written and spoken).
Applicant needs to have a European work permit.
Desired skills and experience
- Complex multi-axis control system architecture development: power, communication (CAN, Ethernet, EtherCAT), safety
- Multi-Axis robot system integration
Able to perform and understand SPICE analysis with proficiency.
Graphical interface development with Qt library
Experience dealing with providers and manufacturing workshops.
Experience working with ERP systems
Required Personal Capabilities
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective cross-functional working relationships.
Demonstrate ability to understand, evaluate and solve complex technical issues.
Ability to work with multiple priorities in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment.
The company is located in Barcelona, Spain.
Start date: immediate.
The compensation package will be evaluated according to the relevant experience of the candidate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.