Cook III/Line Cook (Part-time) - Olomana Golf Club
- Kailua, HI
Royal Hawaiian Golf Club is a part of the Pacific Links International family of golf courses. Pacific Links International provides golfers with a premium golf experience through an innovative membership structure that offers access to the finest collection of high-quality member and affiliated golf clubs in the world. For more information about our company please visit our website, www.pacificlinks.com.
Royal Hawaiian Golf Club is located in Kailua, Hawaii and is hiring a part-time Cook III. Part-time employees at Pacific Links enjoy many employee benefits such as company provided medical insurance (for those who qualify), 401k and employee golfing privileges!
1. Organization and Purpose
The Cook III reports to the Chef de Cuisine and Lead Cook. The Cook III is responsible for preparing line items according to par sheets or instructions from the Chef. The Cook III is responsible for preparing items assigned to the station and following all recipes.
2. Scope and Impact
The Cook III is responsible for ensuring food quality, preparation and presentation for at least one work station.
3. Essential Functions
A. Food Preparation
• Sets up, maintains, breaks down and cleans all work stations.
• Prepares soups, sauces and "specials" according to daily prep lists and checks par levels of all work stations.
• Prepares food in accordance with established methods of cooking, garnishing and portion-sizing are as prescribed by standard recipes.
• Serves items in accordance with established portion and presentation standards.
B. Kitchen Cleanliness and Quality Standards
• Maintains a neat and professional appearance and observes personal cleanliness rules at all times.
• Ensures that assigned work stations and equipment are clean and sanitary.
• Adheres to all federal and state health and safety regulations.
• Notifies Chef of expected food shortages and equipment malfunctions.
• Checks refrigerator for spoiled foods and logs all food waste.
• Covers, dates and properly stores all leftover products that are re-usable.
• Maintains security of kitchen, including equipment and food and supply inventories.
• Assists in food deliveries, storage and issuing of foods.
4. Marginal Functions
• Assists as assigned with banquet food preparation, set up and clean up.
• Completes other projects and tasks for the Cook I, Lead Cook, Chef de Cuisine, Restaurant Manager, Executive Chef or Corporate organization as requested.
5. Job Requirements
A. Education/Experience Required
• Training as a Cook or equivalent work experience of at least three years.
• Must have working knowledge of basic culinary technics (fry, steam, sauté, broil, deep fry, bake, etc.) and basic knife handling skills (small dice, julienne, fine brunoise, allumette, etc.)
• Must be able to use various kitchen equipment such as convection ovens, gas ranges, salamanders, broilers, deep fryers, flat top, grills, slicers and rice cookers.
B. Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to follow verbal and written direction.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, adaptable, able to work with minimal direction in a high pressure environment.
• Solid organizational and collaborative skills to work in a team environment.
• A desire to learn and participate in the ongoing improvements and enhancement of the restaurant.
C. Language Skills
• Must be able to communicate effectively verbally with co-workers and manager.
• Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions and equipment manuals.
6. Physical Demands/Work Environment
• Work generally in an indoor setting and in an environment with exposure to heat, moisture and cold.
• Ability to adjust focus - close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (at least 8 hours).
• Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills, with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
• Requires some lifting up to 50 lbs. several times each day.
• Requires some bending, stretching and pulling in the course and scope of the work.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
• Requires the ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously, work in a high-paced, high-energy environment, with ongoing interruptions and ambient noise.
This job posting no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Each employee will be required to comply with any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his/her supervisor.
Please no phone calls for this position. Applications will be processed once the on-line application and resume are both received. Job offer will be made to viable candidate conditional upon a successful pre-employment background screening and drug test. Pacific Links Hawaii is a drug free work place and an Equal Opportunity Employer.