Mechanic II (Full-Time) - Royal Hawaiian Golf Club
- Kailua, HI
Royal Hawaiian Golf Club is a part of the Pacific Links International family of golf courses. Pacific Links International provides golfers with a premium golf experience through an innovative membership structure that offers access to the finest collection of high-quality member and affiliated golf clubs in the world. For more information about our company please visit our website, www.pacificlinks.com.
Royal Hawaiian Golf Club is located in Kailua, Hawaii and is hiring a full-time Mechanic II. Full-time employees at Pacific Links enjoy many employee benefits such as company provided medical, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, 401k and employee golfing privileges!
- Organization and Purpose
- Mechanic II is responsible for assisting the Mechanic to ensure that all golf course grounds equipment is kept operational. The position reports to the Superintendent.
- Scope and Impact
- The employee will assist in the inspection, diagnoses and repair of mechanical defects in equipment such as diesel, electric and gasoline powered automobiles, trucks, trenches, sweepers, rollers, mowers, golf carts and other mechanical equipment.
- Essential Functions
A. Equipment Maintenance
- Under the direction of the Mechanic, repairs and adjusts the engines and cutting mechanisms of a wide variety of heavy and light maintenance equipment.
- Performs overhaul work and repairs of automotive and other powered equipment, including but not limited to, engines, brakes, transmissions, differentials, springs and mufflers.
- Secures and replaces tools and parts
- Sharpens mower blades
- Assists in electric gas welding.
- Lubricates and services automotive equipment.
- Inspects equipment for operating deficiencies and makes routine adjustments when necessary.
- Fills fuels in automotive equipment and checks fluid levels.
- Inspects, changes, rotates and repairs tires.
- Maintains mileage reports.
- Maintains records of preventative maintenance performed, repairs made, order and time worked on each golf course ground maintenance equipment.
- Cleans working areas after repairs are completed.
- Cleans and maintains golf course grounds maintenance equipment used on a daily bases
D. Safety Operations
- Reads and follows county, state and federal laws.
- Wears all protective equipment required by the label or governing authority
- Reads and interprets safety tags on equipment
- Marginal Functions
- May perform body repair and paint work on mechanical equipment.
- May repair seats and tops on automobiles, trucks and other types of vehicles.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities in a timely manner as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent, or any other corporate manager.
- Job Requirements
A. Education/Experience Required
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited high school. (May be waived depending on experience.)
- Requires at least 2 years experience in inspecting, diagnosing, repairing and maintaining diesel, electric, and gasoline powered automobiles, trucks, trenchers, sweepers, rollers, mowers, and other mechanical equipment.
- Valid driver's license
- Automotive mechanical technology and DIESL certificates highly desirable.
B. Technical Skills and Knowledge Required
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn about occupational hazards and safety precautions.
C. Interpersonal Skills
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all co-workers to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate to help keep high morale and productivity.
- Focused, ability to multi-task, self-starter, self-motivated, adaptable, able to work with minimal direction in a high pressure environment.
- Must be able to work with golfing public in a courteous and responsible manner.
- A desire to learn and participate in the ongoing improvements and enhancement of the golf course grounds.
D. Language Skills
- Must communicate effectively with co-workers and manager, as well as other employees in the maintenance department, pro shop.
E. Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Most work outdoors with exposure to wet and extreme hot and cold weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Some work may be performed inside due to circumstances related to mechanical breakdowns.
- Involves heavy lifting (weighing over 50 lbs), exposure to chemicals, fumes and machinery with moving parts, loud noise, dirt and irrigated water.
- Significant physical movements to reach with hands and arms, stand, stoop, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, walk and use hands to finger, handle feel or operate objects, tools or controls as part of the work routine.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Will be in contact with chemicals, cleaning solvents, paints, automotive materials and other similar substances.
- Exposed to moderate to high levels of noise.
This job posting no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. For a complete list of job requirements, please see the Job Description for this position. Each employee will be required to comply with any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his/her supervisor.
Please no phone calls for this position. Applications will be processed once the on-line application and resume are both received. Job offer will be made to viable candidate conditional upon a successful pre-employment background screening and drug test. Pacific Links Hawaii is an Equal Opportunity Employer.