Mechanic (Full-Time) - Olomana Golf Links
- Waimānalo, HI
Olomana Golf Links is a part of the Pacific Links International family of golf courses. Pacific Links International provides golfers with a premium golf experience through an innovative membership structure that offers access to the finest collection of high-quality member and affiliated golf clubs in the world. For more information about our company please visit our website, www.pacificlinks.com.
Olomana Golf Links is located in Waimanalo, Hawaii and is hiring a full-time Grounds Maintenance Person. Full-time employees at Pacific Links enjoy many employee benefits such as company provided medical, vacation & sick pay, paid holidays, 401k and employee golfing privileges!
1. Organization and Purpose
The Mechanic is responsible for ensuring that all golf course grounds equipment is kept operational. This position reports to the Superintendent.
2. Scope and Impact
The Mechanic will inspect, diagnose and repair mechanical defects in equipment such as diesel, electric and gasoline-powered automobiles, trucks, trenches, sweepers, rollers, mowers, golf carts and other mechanical equipment.
3. Essential Functions
• Determines types of repairs required by reading orders, talking to employees and test-driving vehicles.
• Keeps work area neat and organized as necessary for efficient job performance.
• Responsible for maintenance of equipment maintenance shop areas. Ensures maintenance shop area is clean and in orderly condition and complies with EPA and OSHA standards.
• Conducts preventive maintenance on equipment.
• Cleans and maintains all golf course grounds maintenance equipment used on a daily basis.
• Maintains a complete set of records for equipment and parts inventory, purchaser of parts, equipment conditions, costs of repairs and preventative maintenance for all golf course maintenance equipment.
• Repairs vehicles such as transmission, differentials, carburetors, distributors, fuel pumps, steering systems and high pressure pumps and valves.
• Installs and adjusts brakes. • Grinds valves on mechanical equipment.
• Installs batteries, tires, wiring and glass.
• Uses gas-powered welder and may do some machining work in making fittings used in golf course grounds maintenance equipment.
• Inspects and drives repaired vehicles to verify repairs have been made.
• Makes emergency repairs of golf course grounds maintenance equipment.
• Reads and follows county, state and federal laws.
• Wears all protective equipment required by the label or governing authority.
• Reads and interprets safety tags on equipment.
4. Marginal Functions
• Occasionally paints automobiles and repairs fenders.
• Performs all other duties and responsibilities in a timely manner as assigned by the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent, or any other Corporate manager.
A. Education/Experience Required
• Education equivalent to graduation from an accredited high school. Education requirement may be waived by experience.
• Requires at least four years’ experience in inspecting, diagnosing, repairing and maintaining diesel, electric and gasoline powered automobiles, trucks, trenchers, sweepers, rollers, mowers and other mechanical equipment.
• Valid driver’s license is required.
• Automotive mechanical technology and DIESL certificates are required.
B. Technical Skills and Knowledge Required
• Knowledge of and/or ability to learn about occupational hazards and safety precautions.
C. Interpersonal Skills
• Maintains a favorable working relationship with all co-workers to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate to help keep high morale and productivity.
• Requires ability to focus on many tasks and projects at once.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, adaptable, able to work with minimal direction in a high pressure environment.
• Must be able to work with the golfing public in a courteous and responsible manner.
• A desire to learn and participate in the ongoing improvements and enhancement of the golf course grounds.
D. Language Skills
• Must communicate effectively with other employees in the maintenance department and Pro Shop area.
• Must be able to communicate effectively verbally with co-workers and manager.
E. Physical Demands/Work Environment
• Most work outdoors under extreme weather conditions at times. Some work may be performed inside due to circumstances related to mechanical breakdowns.
• Involves heavy lifting, exposure to chemicals, fumes and machinery with moving parts, loud noise, dirt and irrigated water.
• Significant physical movements to stand, stoop and walk as part of the work routine.
• Frequent and ongoing lifting of objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
• Regular reaching with hands and arms.
• Frequent use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls.
• Occasional physical actions such as climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
• Ongoing exposure to wet and extreme hot and cold weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
• May be required to enter into small cramped spaces as well as dusty storage areas. Employee will be in contact with chemicals, cleaning solvents, paints, automotive materials and other similar substances.
• Exposed to moderate to high levels of noise.
This job posting no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. For a complete list of job requirements, please see the Job Description for this position. Each employee will be required to comply with any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his/her supervisor.
Please no phone calls for this position. Applications will be processed once the on-line application and resume are both received. Job offer will be made to viable candidate conditional upon a successful pre-employment background screening and drug test. Pacific Links Hawaii is an Equal Opportunity Employer.