Dishwasher (Part-time) - Olomana Golf Club
- Waimanalo, HI
Olomana Golf Club is a part of the Pacific Links International family of golf courses. Pacific Links International provides golfers with a premium golf experience through an innovative membership structure that offers access to the finest collection of high-quality member and affiliated golf clubs in the world. For more information about our company please visit our website, www.pacificlinks.com.
Olomana Golf Club is located in Waimanalo, Hawaii and is hiring a part-time Dishwasher. Part-time employees at Pacific Links enjoy many employee benefits such as company provided medical insurance (for those who qualify), 401k and employee golfing privileges!
1. Organization and Purpose
The dishwasher reports to the Chef de Cuisine and Restaurant Manager and is responsible for the overall cleanliness and upkeep of the restaurant and organization including all utilities.
2. Scope and Impact
The dishwasher plays an important role in supporting kitchen operations. The dishwasher ensures cleanliness of supplies and equipment within the kitchen.
3. Essential Functions
A. Washing and Cleaning Supplies
• Washes all wares in dishwashing machine or by hand according to the highest sanitation standards.
• Polishes all silverware, platters and chafing dishes.
• Stores all dishes and other wares in proper areas or containers.
• Cleans dishwashing machine and dish area after each meal period.
• Handles all china and glassware carefully to minimize breakage.
B. Trash Management
• Collects trash from kitchen areas, empties garbage cans and washes and re-lines with new bags, breaks down boxes, crates and removes debris.
• Examines garbage for misplaced silverware, dishes, glassware and other reusable equipment.
C. Cleaning Restaurant Environment
• Assists cooks in the washing and polishing of all stainless steel in the kitchen including shelves, dish cabinets, ice machines, coffee area, refrigerators, walk-ins and any equipment assigned by the Executive Chef or F&B Manager.
• Washes and cleans receiving, trash and other kitchen-related areas.
• Sweeps and mops kitchen floors.
• Refills soap and paper towel dispensers at all hand sinks.
• Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
• Continuously inspects floors in kitchen areas to assure they remain clean, dry and clear of debris.
• Cleans and safely stores all brooms, mops and other cleaning equipment in assigned areas.
• Uses all chemical cleaning supplies in a safe and careful manner.
4. Marginal Functions
• Assists in completing weekly kitchen cleaning and maintenance list.
• Performs all other duties and responsibilities in a timely manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures and as assigned by the Restaurant Manager.
• Understands and consistently follows proper sanitation practices including those for personal hygiene.
• Must be able to use dishwashing equipment according to manufacturer's instructions.
• Maintains a favorable working relationship with all co-workers to foster and promotes a cooperative and harmonious working climate to help keep high morale and productivity.
• Requires ability to focus on many tasks and projects at once.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, adaptable, able to work with minimal direction in a high pressure environment.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
• Requires the ability to safely lift and maneuver trays of food and other items up to 50 lbs.
• Requires extensive bending, stretching and pulling in the course and scope of the work.
• Must be able to stand and work during entire work shift.
• Requires the ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously, work in a high-paced, high-energy environment, with ongoing interruptions and ambient noise.
• Potential for superficial cuts and burns.
• Requires work in an environment with exposure to heat, moisture and cold.
This job posting no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Each employee will be required to comply with any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his/her supervisor.
Please no phone calls for this position. Applications will be processed once the on-line application and resume are both received. Job offer will be made to viable candidate conditional upon a successful pre-employment background screening and drug test. Pacific Links Hawaii is a drug free work place and an Equal Opportunity Employer.