Grounds Maintenance Person - Olomana Golf Links
- Waimānalo, US, Waimānalo, HI
Olomana Golf Links is a part of the Pacific Links International family of golf courses. Pacific Links International provides golfers with a premium golf experience through an innovative membership structure that offers access to the finest collection of high-quality member and affiliated golf clubs in the world. For more information about our company please visit our website, www.pacificlinks.com.
Olomana Golf Links is located in Waimanalo, Hawaii and is hiring a full-time Grounds Maintenance Person. Full-time employees at Pacific Links enjoy many employee benefits such as company provided medical, vacation & sick pay, paid holidays, 401k and employee golfing privileges!
1. Organization and Purpose:
The position of Grounds Maintenance Person maintains the entrance, parking lot, Clubhouse grounds and other ornamental areas on the property of the Club. The position requires an individual who is capable of exercising independent judgment and performs work required for the care, maintenance and development of the lawns, landscape beds, street trees, parking lot trees, irrigation systems and general grounds of the Club.
2. Essential Functions
• Safely operates equipment such as hand tools and small equipment.
• Performs routine safety inspections on all equipment pre and post use.
• Complete knowledge of how to operate equipment safely.
• Able to read and interpret safety tags on equipment.
• May sit, stand, stoop, climb ladders and walk for long periods of time.
• Assists Mechanic with preventive maintenance on equipment – change oil and filter; grease moving parts; air up and/or change tires; sharpen or change blades, belts, springs, chains; clean by pressure washing or with compressed air; sand, prime and paint rust areas.
• Communicates effectively with other employees in the Maintenance department and Pro Shop area. • Performs road repairs and improvements – load and haul rock or hot/cold asphalt mix for patching of holes; fill cracks with asphalt emulsion; install, repair and clean out culverts.
• Uses hand tools to perform repairs and task: Jack hammer, shovels, rakes, hoes, levelers, chain saws, pruners, trimmers, bow saws and other small hand tools as required.
• Must have basic knowledge of proper methods of maintenance, care and installation of landscape beds, lawns, trees, irrigation systems and general grounds of the Club.
• Performs manual labor for extended periods of time under some unfavorable weather conditions.
• Must be able to work with the golfing public in a courteous and responsible manner.
• Must have basic knowledge about the care and proper use of tools and equipment used in the development and maintenance of lawns, landscape beds, trees, hardscape areas and general grounds of the Club.
• Must have the ability to distinguish between different cleaning materials, fungicides and herbicides, with the ability to read and understand label information.
• Must have basic knowledge about turf diseases, plant diseases, insects, chemicals and the proper methods used to control such undesirable elements.
3. Physical Demands/Work Environment
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch,
• The employee may be exposed to wet and extreme hot and cold weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
• The employee must be able to lift, pull, and lift 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move, with assistance, more than 85 pounds.
This job posting no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. For a complete list of job requirements, please see the Job Description for this position. Each employee will be required to comply with any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his/her supervisor.
Please no phone calls for this position. Applications will be processed once the on-line application and resume are both received. Job offer will be made to viable candidate conditional upon a successful pre-employment background screening and drug test. Pacific Links Hawaii is an Equal Opportunity Employer.