Restaurant/Banquet Server - Olomana Golf Links
- Waimānalo, US, Waimānalo, HI
Olomana Golf Links is a part of the Pacific Links International family of golf courses. Pacific Links International provides golfers with a premium golf experience through an innovative membership structure that offers access to the finest collection of high-quality member and affiliated golf clubs in the world. For more information about our company please visit our website, www.pacificlinks.com.
Olomana Golf Links is located in Waimanalo, Hawaii and is hiring a part-time restaurant Server. Part-time employees at Pacific Links enjoy many employee benefits such as company provided medical, 401k and employee golfing privileges!
1. Scope and Impact:
The Server’s main responsibility is to ensure that each guest is greeted with a warm and friendly welcome. The Server ensures that each guest’s order is taken in a friendly and timely manner. Ensures that guests receive their correct food and drink orders, answers inquiries relative to items on menu and otherwise attends to the needs of all guests and members.
2. Essential Functions:
• Takes drink orders at guest greeting, delivers beverages and offers appetizers.
• Answers questions regarding food and drink items and their preparation. Informs guests of specials and menu changes.
• Maintains table appearance by pre-bussing, checks drink levels, removes clutter and provides adequate napkins as needed.
• Communicates with the kitchen staff to insure any issues regarding food quality are addressed.
• Follows alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guests. Notifies bartender or manager on duty if a guest should not be served.
• Presents check for payment and provides change in a timely manner.
• Follows appropriate accounting procedures for closing checks.
3. Job Requirements
A. Technical Skills Required
• Must be able to operate point-of-sale system.
• Solid knowledge of math and the ability to accurately make change from cash transactions.
• Ability to handle credit card transactions.
• Ability to balance transactions at the end of each shift.
B. Language Skills
• Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively verbally with guests, co-workers and manager.
C. Physical Demands/Work Environment
• Requires the ability to safely lift and maneuver trays of food and other items up to 50 lbs.
• Requires some bending, stretching and pulling in the course and scope of the work.
• Must be able to stand and work during entire work shift (at least for 5 hours).
• Requires the ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously, work in a high-paced, high-energy environment, with ongoing interruptions and ambient noise.
• Requires a minimum of one year previous food & beverage experience.
• Requires previous cashiering experience.
This job posting no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. For a complete list of job requirements, please see the Job Description for this position. Each employee will be required to comply with any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his/her supervisor.
Please no phone calls for this position. Applications will be processed once the on-line application and resume are both received. Job offer will be made to viable candidate conditional upon a successful pre-employment background screening and drug test. Pacific Links Hawaii is an Equal Opportunity Employer.