IT Systems Administrator
- Durham, NC, USA
PSI is a leading Contract Research Organization with more than 22 years in the industry, offering a perfect balance between stability and innovation to both clients and employees. We focus on delivering quality and on-time services across a variety of therapeutic indications.
This is an office-based position in Durham, NC.
We are looking for professional, qualified and enthusiastic candidates to take up a full-time position of a Systems Administrator to provide daily technical support.
The scope of responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing desktop computer systems and peripheral equipment problems.
- Help Desk activities - Logging all reported issues and user interaction into ticketing system
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades of desktop computer systems and peripherals
- Data backups, data restores, disaster recovery, and storage management
- Assistance with collecting information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed computer systems.
- Assistance with computer systems assets management
- Assistance with technical research on systems upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current systems
- Evaluation and provision of recommendations regarding IT purchases, organization of purchasing process, provision of inputs to IT budgets, planning and financial forecasts
- Development and update of technical documentation and users’ guides and tutorials
- Documentation of systems problems and resolutions for future reference
- College Degree preferably in Computer Science or a related field
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) training
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) training is a plus
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) training is a plus
- Minimum 1.5 years of related experience in systems and network administration
- Knowledge of basic systems administration tools and processes
- Experience with complex TCP/IP networks with multiple routing
- Experience with host/network security
Make the right call and take your career to a whole new level. Join the company that focuses on its people and invests in their professional development and success.