Junior Operations Accountant
- 1006 Fort St, Victoria, BC V8V, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
PRT operates a diverse network of nurseries in Canada and the United States enabling us to grow a wide variety of high-quality container forest seedlings for all climatic and site conditions. Annual production of 300 million seedlings makes PRT the largest producer of containerized forest seedlings in North America. We produce trees for customers from British Columbia to Ontario and Michigan to Alabama.
The Junior Ops Accountant is responsible for providing support to the admin accounting team by completing daily accounting and finance related tasks. The Junior Ops Accountant will perform accounts payable support, account reconciliations and month end tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
· A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in an office environment, in an accounting role
· Knowledge of basic accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
· Meticulous attention to detail with a high level of accuracy and organization skills
· Demonstrated experience working under pressure with tight deadlines in a confidential setting
· Ability to communicate tactfully, efficiently and effectively with all levels of staff and external parties, both written and verbal
· Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Strong problem-solving capabilities, proactive and self-motivated
Compensation, Benefits & Workplace Culture:
· Highly competitive annual salary matching your level of experience and ability
· Bonus incentive program – up to 5% of annual salary
· Matching RRSP program
· Support ongoing career development and education
· Comprehensive benefits package inclusive of extended health, dental, provincial medical with all premiums paid by the employer
· Our PRT nurseries are vibrant and fun communities with employees who share a strong passion for the “green” nature of our business and doing their part in regenerating the forests of North America.
· We provide a supportive team structured environment, a strong safety culture, and a commitment to the environment.
Check out our career video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsvfZdw_9m0
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until the suitable candidate is found. To learn more about this great opportunity please contact us and/or submit your resume and cover letter in confidence through the career page of our PRT website; https://www.prt.com/careers/current-job-postings
Thank you for applying; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.