- 4165 Ross Road, Atmore, AL, United States
PRT operates a diverse network of 19 nurseries in Canada and the United States enabling us to grow a wide variety of high-quality container forest seedlings for all climatic and site conditions. Annual production of 320 million seedlings makes PRT the largest producer of containerized forest seedlings in North America. We produce trees for customers from British Columbia to Ontario and Michigan to Alabama to Oregon.
As a member of the local management team you will have the opportunity to work with the most innovative conifer seedling producer in the industry with a focus on customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Reporting to the Nursery Manager, you will oversee all aspects of greenhouse and open compound seedling operations and lead an experienced team that takes pride in meeting our customer expectations. Your focus will include productivity, planning, continuous improvement activities, customer focus, safe work procedures, and promotion of PRT.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree or diploma in horticulture, agriculture, or forestry is an asset but the equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable
- Five or more years of horticulture or crop production experience
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish
- Experience leading and managing crop production teams
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve and conduct root cause analysis
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge or experience with continuous process improvement in a production environment
Compensation, Benefits & Workplace Culture:
- Highly competitive annual salary matching your level of experience and ability
- Bonus incentive program – up to 10% of annual salary
- Matching 401K program
- Comprehensive benefits package inclusive of extended health and dental
- Relocation allowance (if applicable)
- Our PRT nurseries are vibrant and fun communities with employees who share a strong passion for the “green” nature of our business and doing their part in regenerating the forests of North America.
- We provide a supportive team structured workplace, a strong safety culture, and a commitment to the environment.
PRT Atmore is located 11 miles outside the town of Atmore. Atmore is in western Escambia County with its southern border being the Florida state line. A pleasant climate, the city of Atmore offers excellent recreational facilities, including golf, tennis, walking trails and swimming pools. Just 50 min south-west is the beautiful town of Mobile. Once called the Paris of the South, with 300 years of history and the cultural center of the Gulf Coast, this city has something for everyone. Ballet, theatre, opera and the symphony, Water based adventures, cruises, museums and attractions from art to Mardi Gras. The Mobile Delta provides 20,323 acres of open water for year-round fishing, canoeing and camping.
How to Apply:
Please apply through the Career Page of our website at https://www.prt.com/careers/current-job-postings Applications will be accepted until May 25, 2021
Thank you for applying; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.