- 12682 Woolridge Road, Pitt Meadows, BC
PRT operates a diverse network of nurseries in Canada and the United States enabling us to grow a wide variety of high-quality container forest seedlings for all climatic and site conditions. Annual production of over 220 million seedlings makes PRT the largest producer of containerized forest seedlings in North America. We produce trees for customers from British Columbia to Ontario and Wisconsin to California.
PRT Hybrid nursery is now recruiting for the position of Seasonal Irrigation Specialist.
As a key member of the nursery grow team, the irrigation specialist will assist in the growing of tree seedlings used for reforestation. While working under the direction of the nursery growers the main job functions in this role include but are not limited too:
• Mixing fertilizers and checking EC readings before and after irrigations
• Unplugging sprinkler nozzles and changing irrigation filters
• Taking daily block weights while scouting for pests and diseases
• Monitoring and measuring crop growth rates and conducting audits on lifted crops
• Using computer systems to adjust watering cycles and climate settings
• Minor repairs to irrigation systems.
• Assist in herbicide and other pesticide applications
• Maintenance and other nursery work will be required from time to time.
• Accurate record keeping and data entry into spreadsheets
Work will start beginning May 1st and continue until Sept 30 with the potential for year round work in other areas of the nursery.
Must be reliable and have transportation - no public transit is available
Shift work and weekend work is required
Work is in greenhouses and outdoors with exposure to temperature extremes at times
Successful applicants will be required to complete in house online training courses and obtain a pesticide applicator certificate
Relevant forest seedling nursery experience is useful, however, not essential
Please submit your resume or letter of interest to:
Nursery Manager, PRT Hybrid
Closing date: April 15, 2018 only applicants considered for the position will be contacted.
Salary: $16.00 – $19.00 per hour – the right candidate may be eligible for year round employment and benefits after a probationary period