Customer Service Representative
- Janderstraße, 68199 Mannheim, Germany
At P&O Ferrymasters, you will be joining a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions.
We’re part of P&O Ferries – owned by DP World – and work across road, rail and sea through our Contract Logistics, Freight Management and Assets divisions.
We operate from more than 20 strategic locations in 13 countries across the continent, where 500+ colleagues are united by a passion for customer and service focus.
Do you know all ins and outs of Transport Management? Do you always succeed in creating the ultimate customer experience, even in hectic times? Join our team if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career!
Customer Service Representative
Hours per week: Full time
The Customer Service team is responsible for a correct order acceptance and administrative handling of all orders of the customers of P&O Ferrymasters. By working closely with customers and various internal departments, the Customer Service team is responsible for meeting and exceeding service expectations as set by the customers of P&O Ferrymasters.
So what’s this job all about?
As Customer Service Representative you will be part of a team highly dedicated and professional colleagues, who are responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. This high service level is achieved by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation, with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for the whole customer order acceptance linked with administrative activities;
- Acting as liaison to a dedicated client base;
- Being responsible for the correct registration of all information and costs in the system;
- Liaising closely with carriers to ensure that they have full, accurate and timely information to complete the job;
- Responsible for gathering information regarding collection and deliveries and updating the systems accordingly;
- Advising customers on developments with regards to deliveries and collections;
- Dealing with and resolving all queries relating to incidents e.g. refused loads or damages;
- Building a constructive and pleasant relationship with the strategic account;
- Ensuring all customer agreements are recorded and applied;
- Continuously searching for ways to improve the efficiency of the collaboration between P&O Ferrymasters and the strategic account.
But on that first morning before you get down to work…we’ll introduce you to your new colleagues over a coffee. That will give you a friendly taste of what it’s like to be part of our team – because people are our main asset and teamwork defines our style.
Who are you?
As Customer Service Representative you take responsibility, ownership and possess excellent communication- and influencing skills.
- Are educated to a minimum of secondary school level or equivalent (preferably in Logistics);
- Have relevant experience in a customer service environment;
- Have good command of German and English languages, additional European languages are preferred;
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages;
- Have strong communication and cooperation skills.
P&O Ferrymasters offers a competitive package in line with the content of the job role.
Time to act!
Do you have what we’re looking for? And does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? We hope so – in which case, now is the time to let us know! Please apply with your CV and covering letter as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.