Manager, Partnerships (Minnesota PGA)
- 12800 Bunker Prairie Rd NW, Coon Rapids, MN 55448, USA
The Minnesota PGA is one of 41 Sections of the Professional Golfers' Association of America. The PGA of America, formed in 1916, has grown into the world's largest working sports organization with more than 27,000 members and apprentices. The mission of the Minnesota PGA is to promote the enjoyment and involvement in the game of golf and to contribute to its growth by providing services to golf professionals and the golf industry. The Minnesota PGA is comprised of approximately 600 PGA Members and apprentices in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota (less areas surrounding cities of Rapid City, Vermillion, and Yankton), and a portion of Western Wisconsin that includes St. Croix County and Superior, Wisconsin. Activities of our organization include competitive golf tournaments and events for our PGA Members as well as amateur golfers, education programs, growth of the game programs, membership communication and association governance.The Minnesota PGA also operates a non-profit and charitable foundation called PGA REACH Minnesota that focuses on three pillars: youth, military, and inclusion.The Minnesota Section of The PGA of America is recognized by the IRS as a 501 (C) (6) non-profit professional trade organization. PGA REACH Minnesota is recognized by the IRS as a 501 (C) (3) non-profit charitable organization.
This position will be responsible for identifying and developing partnerships primarily for Section Major Championships (State Opens, Tapemark Charity Pro-Am, Section Championships, etc.) and Foundation fundraising events. The position will be responsible for contractual partnership deliverables and activations for all Section events, fundraisers, and charity outings.
1. Actively seek new partners and conduct thorough research and development for any incoming or potential opportunities especially with non-endemic partners.
2. Procure funds and/or merchandise from partners to meet the needs of Section events, Jr. events, charitable fundraisers, and professional tournaments.
3. Continue to foster relationships with new and existing partners and cater to any and all of their needs.
4. Create and develop custom packages to meet the needs of prospective partners.
5. Maintain a current partner grid and prospect listing while monitoring all partner related events and activities.
6. Maintain an organized and easily accessible filing system (sales leads, prospective business, new business activity, add-on business activity, forecasting, quota details, etc.) utilizing CRM database.
7. Schedule sales appointments with prospects, including setting up sales calls and mailing correspondence and sales materials.
8. Works to establish new business opportunities with potential customers through cold calling, provided leads, networking and client/associate referrals.
9. Ensure that all collateral material related to partners is accurate and current including all branding, logos, and points of contact.
10. Attend Section events serving as the partner liaison on all partnership activation.
11. Ensure that all partner contracts are executed and circulated to necessary parties.
12. Ensure that all partner deliverables are activated and executed according to partnership agreements.
13. Ensure that all partner related information is up to date.
14. Maintain accuracy of all website/newsletter information as it pertains to partner relations.
15. Ensure that BlueGolf is constantly updated with any and all changes regarding partner activity.
16. Assist with the creation of annual budgets.
17. Create a year-end retrospective report and source gifts to supporting partners.
18. Perform all other duties as requested by the CEO and COO.
1. Work closely with the PGA of America on all invoicing and payable reports.
2. Provide weekly reports to the CEO and COO.
1. Attend trade and merchandise shows and industry related activities as requested to ensure the MNPGA is properly represented.
2. Follow-up with all partners providing a tournament or event re-cap including photos, personalized hand-written thank you notes, summary of events, and a highlight of the event itself.
3. Attend tournament committee meetings when requested to report on partnership activity.
4. Attend all Section New Member and Associate Orientations to report on partner relationships.
5. Attend Board of Director meetings as requested.
No supervisory responsibility.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Skills in planning and organizing.
2. Skills in judgment and decision making.
3. Skills in customer service.
4. Skills in prospecting.
5. Skills in negotiating.
6. Skills in closing.
7. Skills in oral and written communications, including skills in interpersonal communications.
8. Skills in managing multiple priorities, in a multi-functional work environment.
9. Skills in operation of computer.
10. Skills in word processing and spreadsheet software applications.
11. Skills in the management and development of people.
12. Skills in public speaking.
13. Skills in client relations.
14. Positive, high energy and enthusiastic with an eagerness to learn and grow.
15. Motivation for sales.
16. Knowledge of sales management.
17. Knowledge of golf industry.
18. Knowledge and use of standard office machines, including but not limited to: telephone, calculator, copier, facsimile, scanner, and PC.
19. Ability to interact, collaborate and build relationships.
20. Ability to utilize an awareness of industry marketing.
21. Ability to set targets, design growth plans and capture new business.
22. Ability to influence with open, direct communication style and willingness to engage in constructive debate.
23. Ability to be creative and imaginative.
24. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
25. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
26. Ability to make presentations to clients and prospects.
27. Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
28. Ability to pay attention to detail.
29. Ability to handle several tasks at a time in a fast pace environment.
30. Ability to present oneself in a professional manner and appearance.
31. Ability to work under deadline pressure.
32. Ability to motivate others.
33. Ability to stand for extended periods of time at events.
34. Ability to work overtime, including weekends.
35. Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
36. Ability to be flexible.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in sports marketing, business or hospitality management or related major.
2. Five years sales and marketing experience.
3. Proven sales experience.
4. Track record of over-achieving quota.
5. Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM.
6. Familiarity with various sales techniques and pipeline management.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time. The use of hands and fingers to handle objects, tools and controls is required. The employee may occasionally be required to reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
2. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
4. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Manager of Partnerships shall strive to deliver the very best experience for all stakeholders. The position requires an individual with a strong team first mentality and excellent communication and relationship building skills. A focused approach to continually serve the PGA Member at the highest possible level is expected. A commitment to continued growth and evolution is critical to the success.