Manager, Player Development & Member Services (Minnesota PGA)
- 12800 Bunker Prairie Rd NW, Coon Rapids, MN 55448, USA
The Minnesota PGA is one of 41 Sections of the Professional Golfers' Association of America. The PGA of America, formed in 1916, has grown into the world's largest working sports organization with more than 27,000 members and apprentices. The mission of the Minnesota PGA is to promote the enjoyment and involvement in the game of golf and to contribute to its growth by providing services to golf professionals and the golf industry. The Minnesota PGA is comprised of approximately 600 PGA Members and apprentices in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota (less areas surrounding cities of Rapid City, Vermillion, and Yankton), and a portion of Western Wisconsin that includes St. Croix County and Superior, Wisconsin. Activities of our organization include competitive golf tournaments and events for our PGA Members as well as amateur golfers, education programs, growth of the game programs, membership communication and association governance.The Minnesota PGA also operates a non-profit and charitable foundation called PGA REACH Minnesota that focuses on three pillars: youth, military, and inclusion.The Minnesota Section of The PGA of America is recognized by the IRS as a 501 (C) (6) non-profit professional trade organization. PGA REACH Minnesota is recognized by the IRS as a 501 (C) (3) non-profit charitable organization.
The Manager of Player Development & Member Services is responsible for the development, implementation and administration for the following Minnesota PGA REACH player development programs and activities. These include: Drive, Chip & Putt qualifying, PGA Junior League, Golf in Schools, Get Golf Ready, PGA HOPE, and other charitable community outreach programs. The position will also be responsible for all PGA Member Educational opportunities and seminars and overall Member Services. The position is also assist with other PGA Section operations and events as needed.
PLAYER DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage all activities associated with Minnesota PGA Section Drive, Chip, and Putt events including but not limited to: scheduling, set-up, site selection, host site communication and agreements, equipment (procurement, transportation, and storage), recruitment and training of volunteers for all qualifying events.
2. Manage all activities associated with Minnesota PGA Junior League Golf events including but not limited to: scheduling, set-up, site selection, host site communication and agreements, equipment (procurement, transportation, and storage), recruitment and training of team captains, and coordination with the Regional League Manager.
3. Manage all activities associated with PGA HOPE programs and chapters within the Section to include but not limited to: coordinating with designated and certified HOPE instructors, starting new chapters, growing the number of PGA Professionals that are certified to instruct, and manage relationship with the Veterans Affairs local office.
4. Oversee and manage Golf in Schools initiatives including but not limited to: grant administering for the Minnesota License Plate, curriculum development and collaboration with other golf organizations, PGA Member recruitment, communication with schools and districts, and developing strategies for after school enrichment programming.
5. Oversee all Trade Show activities to include PGA Member recruiting and scheduling, physical set-up, equipment use, and programming.
6. Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications department for maximum exposure for all programs.
7. Manage, develop, and cultivate relationships with facilities and schools/districts.
8. Build and maintain strong relationships with host venues and potential host venues (facilities, schools/districts, etc.) for player development programming.
9. Develop and implement growth strategies for all programs.
PGA MEMBER SERVICES RESPONSIBILITIES:
10. Oversee the development and implementation of all Education Seminars for PGA Members.
11. Administer all Community Outreach/Programming that focuses on Player Development.
12. Administer the rental equipment (inflatables, SNAG, etc.) program for PGA Members and the general public.
13. Serve as the staff liaison for related Section Committee(s) to assist with organizing meetings and activities.
14. Prepare Section Player Development & Member Services Department reports for CEO and COO for reporting to the Board of Directors.
15. Collaborate and assist with marketing and promotions for events.
16. Collaborate and assist with partnership development proposals, procurement, activation, and aid in fostering positive relationships with new and existing partners.
17. Collaborate on special projects as assigned (membership meetings, education seminars, chapter meetings, MN Golf Show, local PGA spectator Championships, etc.).
18. Perform all other duties as requested by the CEO and COO.
1. Develop and track the annual Player Development and Member Services Department budget, including revenue and expense projections, participation projections, reconciling financial reports, and insuring payment of all invoices.
2. Fiscal responsibility of each event/program.
3. Provide regular updates on the Section Player Development & Member Services Department, including revenue and expense summaries to the CEO and COO for reporting to the Board of Directors.
1. If needed, manage the Section Player Development & Member Services Department Internship Program, including creating job bulletins, conducting interviews, hiring of team, designing intern training curriculum, coordinating daily intern schedules, completing all evaluations/performance reviews and necessary school paperwork, and coordinating payroll.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Skills in planning, organizing and scheduling.
2. Skills in oral and written communications, including skills in interpersonal communications.
3. Skills in database management.
4. Skills in time management.
5. Skills in organization.
6. Skills in Microsoft Office.
7. Knowledge of Section Management Software (SMS) and Blue Golf tournament management software.
8. Knowledge of the PGA of America, PGA Constitution, membership and apprentice matters.
9. Knowledge of social media platforms.
10. Ability to use standard office machines, including but not limited to: telephone, copier, scanner, and PC.
11. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
12. Ability to apply judgment and decision making skills.
13. Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
14. Ability to pay attention to detail.
15. Ability to apply basic mathematical functions.
16. Ability to handle several tasks at a time.
17. Ability to work independently with little supervision.
18. Ability to present oneself in a professional manner and appearance.
19. Ability to stand for extended periods of time (6+ hours per day).
20. Ability to work overtime, including weekends (sometimes up to 15 hours a day).
21. Ability to maintain composure and work under deadline pressure.
22. Ability to organize, prioritize and expedite flow of work.
23. Ability to be flexible.
24. Ability to build effective relationships.
25. Ability to frequently travel within the geographic boundaries of the Minnesota PGA.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time. The use of hands and fingers to handle objects, tools and controls is required. The employee may occasionally be required to reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
2. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
4. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
5. Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. /B.S).
2. PGA Member preferred or golf industry experience.
3. Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills are required.
The Manager of Player Development & Member Services shall strive to deliver the very best experience for all participants in all departmental operated programs and events. A focused approach to continually serve the PGA Member at the highest possible level is expected. The position requires an individual with a strong team first mentality and excellent communication and relationship building skills. A commitment to continued growth and evolution is critical to the success.