Veterinary Clinic Assistant or Manager
- n/a, Jordan
PETA Asia is dedicated to establishing and protecting the rights of all animals. We operate under the simple principle that animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, or use for entertainment. PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: in factory farms, laboratories, the clothing trade, and the entertainment industry.
PETA Asia works through public education, cruelty investigations, research, animal rescue, legislation, special events, celebrity involvement, and protest campaigns.
To provide non-veterinary assistance to the staff at PETA’s clinic in Petra, Jordan
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Record detailed notes into a computer or paper filing system as dictated by the head veterinarian
- Work with local suppliers and arrange for the delivery of food and medication
- Handle finances, arrange payments, and ensure that staff are paid
- Oversee construction, improvements, and repairs at the clinic
- Complete weekly reports on activities at the clinic as well as weekly updates on animals at the clinic for overseas staff
- Take photos of animals daily and upload them to the cloud
- Manage the clinic’s Instagram account and publish daily posts about animals
- Occasionally assist the head veterinarian with patients, both at the clinic and throughout the region through our mobile clinic
- Communicate regularly with English-speaking staff via e-mail
- Manage the round-the-clock staff schedule
- At times, take after-hours emergency calls
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both spoken and written
- Ability to use computers and software, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Effective organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to handle finances
- Good people skills and patience
- Willingness to live in Wadi Musa
- Supportive of and possessing the ability to advocate for animal welfare issues
- Willingness and ability to travel within the Petra region
- Experience working with equines
- Vegan or vegetarian lifestyle
- Photography skills
- Physical fitness
To help provide injured and neglected donkeys, camels, horses, mules, and, occasionally, dogs, cats, goats, and sheep with treatment at PETA’s clinic in Jordan, under the guidance of an experienced equine surgeon.
The clinic is located at Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, approximately two hours from the coastal city of Aqaba and three hours from the Dead Sea and from Amman.