- Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
PETA Asia is dedicated to establishing and protecting the rights of all animals. We operate under the simple principle that animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, or use for entertainment. PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: in factory farms, laboratories, the clothing trade, and the entertainment industry.
PETA Asia works through public education, cruelty investigations, research, animal rescue, legislation, special events, celebrity involvement, and protest campaigns.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Verify reports of animals in distress or danger by traveling to the locations and, if needed, arrange for and coordinate vital, emergency, and other types of medical care with the advice of the director of Animal Assistance & Rescue Projects.
- Record and log reports, including expenses, and submit them in a timely manner
- Organize and maintain an inventory of carriers and other supplies, including animal leashes and harnesses, humane cat traps, and food and water bowls
- Transport supplies to desired locations and assemble and dissemble them as needed
- Clean and disinfect carriers and supplies on a regular basis
- Coordinate the cleaning of soiled towels and purchase new ones when needed
- Help the director of Animal Assistance & Rescue Projects with the Kapon/Ligation Immediately, Please (aka "KLIP") program
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Resident of the Philippines
- Outgoing and personable manner with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to multitask
- Fluency in both English and Tagalog
- Demonstrated ability to handle stress
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions carefully
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion at all times
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Support for PETA Asia's philosophy
- Adherence to a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle preferred
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Ability and willingness to perform duties outside office hours and on weekends
To assist with the organization's projects aiding community animals
Term of Employment:
Director of Animal Assistance & Rescue Projects, PETA Asia