Heavy Equipment Scraper Operator
- S Quebec St, Greenwood Village, CO 80111, USA
Premier Earthworks and Infrastructure, Inc. (PEI) is a heavy civil contractor performing excavation, utility and concrete construction.
Competitive wages, employer paid health benefits beginning the first day of the next month after hire.
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation effective immediately
- Plenty of opportunity for overtime
Responsible for operation scrapers to spread earth, move dirt and rock, and grade terrain
- Make successive passes over earth until job meets specifications.
- Operate equipment that levels or picks up earth for relocation.
- Align equipment with cutting edge reference stakes and guidelines on the ground.
- Follow directions for assistance on ground.
- Able to attach different types of cutting edges.
- Connect hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkage, or power takeoff shaft to equipment.
- Operate equipment responsibly to avoid damage.
- Work safely.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to multi-task by listening to the radio while also paying attention to surroundings.
- Reliable attendance
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Must be able to have flexible schedule, including weekend and holidays if needed due to project demands.
- This job has no supervisor duties
- Must have at least a year of experience running a scraper within overlot, grading, and excavating industry.
- Experience safely running scraper in inclement weather such as snow or rain.
- Must be able to communicate in English with co-workers and customers.
- This job requires the ability to do and understand basic math problems.
- Operators are subject to continuous bouncing, shaking, and equipment vibrations throughout their shift
- Work functions require the physical ability and mobility to repeatedly push, pull, and climb to control cabin.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds intermittently.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Outside work exposed to various weather conditions (hot, rain,snow) and muddy ground.
Equal opportunity Employer