Cloud Security Engineer
- 230 W 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, USA
PDQ.com is a software company in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. Our goal at PDQ.com is to make the lives of system administrators easier – and make them look good. We have two applications that do that:
- PDQ Deploy: Deploys applications to all computers in a network environment.
- PDQ Inventory: Gathers detailed information about computers in a network environment.
So why come work for us over any one of the myriads of tech companies in Utah? Well for starters, PDQ.com was recognized as one of “Utah's Best Places to Work,” by Utah Business. We are a company with exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and talented employees.
Employees at PDQ.com believe and incorporate various core values. Employees of PDQ.com are honest, even when it's difficult, and we are looking for similar people who share our passion for honesty.
Ownership builds productivity and trust by helping solve difficult problems and improving company morale. We value your input and creativity.
Shared knowledge among team members is an indispensable core value. We work together to solve complex issues, and the only voice not heard is the voice not shared.
PDQ.com doesn't expect perfection, but we expect constant growth and learning by providing you with opportunities to grow and learn.
The Cloud Security Engineer works closely with several teams to ensure the safety and security of PDQ.com cloud infrastructure. This person will analyze and implement enhanced security methods, ensure cloud resources follow security recommendations, and respond to security incidents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze existing cloud infrastructures for security enhancement opportunities
- Create new and enhanced security methods for cloud-based environments
- Create and maintain scripted automation to ensure cloud resources follow and enforce security recommendations
- Collaborate with various teams on information security controls related to cloud computing
- Analyze, design, develop, and operate programs, shell scripts, tests, and infrastructure automation capabilities in an advanced cloud security context
- Stay current on cloud infrastructure, security, best practices, threats, standards, and trends
- Provide feedback surrounding best practices and influence the overall implementation of security cloud architecture, with help from various team members
- Provide Incident Response support regarding security-related incidents
Education and Experience Requirements
- 3+ years experience with security in a cloud context (GCP, Azure, AWS, etc)
- 3+ years experience with software security and secure coding (ideally with SaaS security experience)
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, etc)
- Experience with networking and network protocols
- Experience with scripting and/or development in a security context
- Experience with configuration management tools such as ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD automation (Codefresh experience a plus) [and associated toolsets]
- Experience with containers and orchestration
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements
- Understanding of cloud-based Networking like VPC, DNS, NAT, VPN, Firewall, etc.
- Ability to secure micro services.
- Highly skilled in platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with various audiences both technical and non-technical
- DevOps building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Driven by security-related data and metrics across the whole organization
- Apply here or at https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/PDQcom
- Once we receive your application, we'll send you a homework assignment with instructions.
- Submission of Homework is required. We are unable to consider your application and resume and move you forward in the recruitment process if you do not submit the homework. We don't even look at your resume until we have the homework in our greedy little hands.
- Profit sharing program for all employees
- Flexible time off
- Full health benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision), fully subsidized by PDQ.com
- 401K Matching
- Your own office, no cubicles here. We do have open team areas if that’s your thing
- Access to an in-office gym
- Work-life balance supported by flexible work schedule
- Powered ergonomic desks
- Fully-stocked pantry to keep your energy up
- Catered lunches from the best local restaurants everyday
- High end computer and enough monitors to block out the sun
- Just about any mechanical keyboard you want
PDQ.com is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.