Senior Web Front-End Software Engineer
- 230 West 200 South Suite 3101, Salt Lake City, UT, United States
PDQ.com has been recognized as one of “Utah's Best Places to Work,” by Utah Business. We are a small company with exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and talented employees. We are also hardcore nerds who can use PowerShell to solve world peace. Our customers are IT System Administrators and our software aims to make their lives easier.
We want a web front-end software engineer to help design, implement, and maintain new web products. You would be a member of a cross-functional web development team consisting of a UX Designer, Graphic Designer, Back-end Engineers, Scrum Master and Product Owner.
We are currently fully remote during the pandemic. Applicants would preferably be located within commuting distance of Salt Lake City, Utah or willing to relocate. Must be able to work within the US.
- Able to collaborate with peers by providing and receiving feedback with in-depth code reviews in merge requests and pair programming.
- Ability to work with designers to convert UX designs and wire-frames into accessible and responsive UI.
- Experience writing meaningful unit tests using Jest/Jasmine/Mocha.
- Good grasp of functional programming concepts that promote efficiency, legibility, testability, and maintainability of code.
- 5+ years experience of progressive and relevant professional experience in web development.
- Back-end experience would be nice, but is not strictly required - ASP.NET/Node.js, Firebase, SQL Server/Redis/Postgres, Elasticsearch, gRPC, P2P communications.
- Familiarity with GatsbyJS/NextJS/Electron is a plus.
- Profit sharing program for all employees
- Flexible paid time off
- 36 hr, 4-day workweek (it's even better than it sounds)
- Full health benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision), fully subsidized by PDQ.com
- 401K Matching
- Your own office, no cubicles here. We do have open team areas if that’s your thing
- Access to an in-office gym
- Work-life balance supported by flexible work schedule
- Powered ergonomic desks
- Fully-stocked pantry to keep your energy up
- Catered lunches from the best local restaurants everyday
- High end computer and enough monitors to block out the sun
- Just about any mechanical keyboard you want
- Training tools like Pluralsight, Safari, and more
- And more (yup)
PDQ.com is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Individual applicants only. We will not accept resumes from recruiters or placement companies