- 230 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, USA
PDQ.com is a software company in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. Our goal at PDQ.com is to make the lives of system administrators easier – and make them look good. We have two applications that do that:
- PDQ Deploy: Deploys applications to all computers in a network environment.
- PDQ Inventory: Gathers detailed information about computers in a network environment.
So why come work for us over any one of the myriads of tech companies in Utah? Well for starters, PDQ.com was recognized as one of “Utah's Best Places to Work,” by Utah Business. We are a company with exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and talented employees. We are hardcore nerds who make software that makes the lives of IT system administrators much easier. We also create content, lots and lots of content, to support our products and culture. This is where you come in.
The Tax Accountant is responsible for all tax research, compliance, and filings on behalf of PDQ.com. This includes all Federal and state income taxes, sales and use taxes, international taxes, excise taxes and others. This role will calculate, prepare, and submit tax payments for our company and all of its shareholders, organize and maintain records of tax payments, and recommend tax strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct constant research of complex tax laws
- Register the company in new states as needed and obtain all applicable licenses, permits, tax accounts, etc.
- File all returns necessary and pay all taxes in all registered states, including sales and use, income, franchise, excise, etc.
- Respond to and resolve any inquires from tax authorities
- Research state tax regulatory updates monthly to keep the company compliant. This includes changes regarding nexus triggers, definitions of tangible personal property and downloaded digital goods, what is considered taxable in each state, etc.
- Maintain detailed records of all tax payments, payment coupons, returns, etc.
- Prepare checks, payment coupons and statements for all federal and state taxes for all shareholders and any estimated taxes due at the entity level for composite returns, etc.
- Prepare and mail distribution checks and statement breakdowns, including amount of distributions and taxes paid on their behalf, to each shareholder
- Respond to and resolve any questions from shareholders and their tax advisors regarding distributions and estimated taxes
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to provide them with all necessary information they need to conduct their audit
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reports
- Recommend tax strategies regarding international, federal, state and local taxation issues
- Forecast tax predictions to the finance and leadership teams
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst, or Tax Director
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant subject and industry certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) is preferred
- Experience with pass-through entities and composite returns
- Experience with VDAs, penalty abatements, etc
- Familiarity with Netsuite, Avalara, Avatax, and Cert Capture
- Must have recent (post Wayfair) experience with multi state sales tax compliance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements
- Strong research skills
- Knowledge, understanding, and interpretation of tax regulations and laws, including international tax law
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Profit sharing program for all employees
- Flexible time off
- Full health benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision), fully subsidized by PDQ.com
- 401K Matching
- Your own office, no cubicles here. We do have open team areas if that’s your thing
- Access to an in-office gym
- Work-life balance supported by flexible work schedule
- Powered ergonomic desks
- Fully-stocked pantry to keep your energy up
- Catered lunches from the best local restaurants everyday
- High end computer and enough monitors to block out the sun
- Just about any mechanical keyboard you want
PDQ.com is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.