User Experience Designer
- 230 West 200 South Suite 3101, Salt Lake City, UT, United States
PDQ.com was recognized as one of “Utah's Best Places to Work,” by Utah Business. We are a small company with exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and talented employees. We are also hardcore nerds who can use Powershell to solve world peace. Our customers are IT System Administrators and our software aims to make their lives easier.
We want a seasoned UX designer to own the experience strategy, information/interaction design, and user research for our new product. This is a great opportunity for an experienced UX Designer to liftoff a new product and UX process. We strive to be a data-driven, evidence-based decision-making company. To that end, we seek a UX Designer with a strong analytical and scientific approach.
- Skillfully combine research and design skills to establish user experience design for new flagship product.
- Use your experience in marketing, cognitive science, psychology, economics or information science to explore customer problems and potential solutions.
- Plan and execute studies to learn user preferences, attitudes, behaviors, and feedback in collaboration with internal and external customers.
- Facilitate workshops with the team or customers to gather data and validate hypotheses.
- Define the information design for our product, including data presentation, sorting/grouping/labeling of information, and aligning information flow with user task flow.
- Help drive the growth and culture of a growing user experience team.
- Possess proficiency in industry tools such as InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Visio.
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces.
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touch-points.
- Familiarity creating user stories and experience with entering them into products such as Jira and Confluence.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of web and mobile platforms and well as their limitations.
- Knowledge of / experience in marketing, cognitive science, psychology, economics or information science, with a solid understanding of user experience design.
- +4 years experience progressive and relevant professional experience in User Experience design.
- Profit sharing program for all employees
- Flexible paid time off
- Full health benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision), fully subsidized by PDQ.com
- 401K Matching
- Your own office, no cubicles here. We do have open team areas if that’s your thing
- Access to an in-office gym
- Work-life balance supported by flexible work schedule
- Powered ergonomic desks
- Fully-stocked pantry to keep your energy up
- Catered lunches from the best local restaurants everyday
- High end computer and enough monitors to block out the sun
- Just about any mechanical keyboard you want
- Training tools like Pluralsight, Safari, and more
- And more (yup)
PDQ.com is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Individual applicants only. We will not accept resumes from recruiters or placement companies