Electrical Engineering Intern
- 576 Virginia Rd, Concord, MA 01742, USA
Cooper Perkins, part of PA Consulting, is a unique technology development and engineering practice dedicated to the design of highly integrated electromechanical systems. We partner with clients across many industries, collaborating to develop solutions to vexing business challenges.
We are a close-knit team of engineers with an uncommon combination of backgrounds, skills, and cross-discipline expertise. We are constantly challenged with finding solutions to problems that have no clear answers, often needing to avoid existing patterns and beliefs in order to find the best path forward. We admit when we don’t know something and are energized by learning it. We have a passion for science and design. We are innately curious, and we are steadfastly committed to intellectual honesty and integrity.
We understand the importance of creating a culture that provides the perfect blend of continuous development, flexibility, risk-taking, and collaboration. We seek intern candidates who are dedicated to practicing the art of technology, invention and engineering, and who look at this as both an opportunity to learn and develop their skills while effectively supporting our team and our clients.
You are a curious and energetic engineering student who wants to learn and work on innovative projects for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. You are passionate about problem solving and innovation. You will join a team of fellow engineers who have a deep expertise, an insatiable curiosity, and a pure passion for science and design.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate in cross-disciplinary teams to develop integrated technological solutions for clients across multiple industries
- Participate in the entire design process: research, brainstorm, prototype, and test
- Design, analyze, and validate mechanical systems/electrical hardware and firmware
- Present your work clearly to promote team and client understanding
- Distill knowledge into detailed reports
- Writing code for microcontrollers
- Designing schematics and layout in Altium
- Hands on experience soldering boards and working with prototypes in the lab
- Using lab equipment for tests and measurements
- Writing Python scripts to analyze data
- Specify and purchase components, materials, and supplies
- Interfacing with clients in a consulting setting and presenting designs to key stakeholders
What you bring to the table
- Currently pursuing a BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or related field and will return to an academic program at the end of the internship.
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals.
- Flexibility, persistence, resourcefulness and a drive to succeed.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team as well as independently
- Irrepressible curiosity for engineering principles, applied science, and analytical thinking
- Strong communication skills
We look forward to hearing from you. In a cover letter please tell us why you would like to work with the Cooper Perkins team.
While optional, we encourage you to share a portfolio or pictures of your work.
In the application, a cover letter can be added in the note to the hiring manager.
To share a portfolio, either provide a link to a website or combine it with a resume into a single pdf to submit in the resume field.
We are unable to sponsor Visa's at this time
PA Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. You do not need to match every expectation above to apply for this position. We believe bringing together diverse perspectives yields innovative ideas, supporting our objectives to create exceptional value for our clients and exceptional experiences for our engineers.
We recruit, promote, and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.