Senior Mechanical Engineer
- 575 Virginia Rd, Concord, MA 01742, USA
PA Consulting is an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster.
Cooper Perkins, part of PA Consulting, is a unique technology development and engineering practice dedicated to the design of highly integrated electromechanical systems. We partner with global clients across industries, collaborating to develop solutions to vexing business challenges.
We are a close-knit team of engineers with an uncommon combination of backgrounds, skills, and cross-disciplinary expertise. We are constantly challenged with finding solutions to problems that have no clear answers, often needing to avoid existing patterns and beliefs in order to find the best path forward. We admit when we don’t know something and are energized by learning it. We have a passion for science and design. We are innately curious, and we are steadfastly committed to intellectual honesty and integrity.
What binds us together is our reverence for our chosen vocation. We honor engineering—we learn it well, practice it honestly, and teach it generously. We understand the importance of creating a culture that provides the perfect blend of continuous development, flexibility, risk-taking, and collaboration.
You care deeply about solving technical problems and thrive on channeling your inner curiosity and creativity. Your unique perspective, enthusiasm, and skills will be invaluable as we grow together. You have an irrepressible zeal for engineering principles, applied science, mathematics, analytical thinking, and experimentation, and you are dedicated to turning inventive ideas into innovative products. You are practiced at effectively discussing work with both team members and external partners, and you know that enduring partnerships can only be founded on transparency, trust, and mutual respect. You speak the truth, even when it’s difficult.
Your day to day
· Sketch, design, build, analyze, validate, and refine robust mechanical and electromechanical designs for low volumes through mass production.
· Act as a key member of cross-disciplinary teams to conduct research, brainstorm, prototype, test, analyze, document, and present work to clients.
· Collaborate with internal teams, clients, and third parties to set objectives, execute development plans, and achieve project goals.
What you bring
· BS (MS preferred) in mechanical engineering or a related field and 6+ years' experience developing complex, technical, or integrated products.
· Experience solving tough problems within one or more of the following areas: mechatronics, structural design, dynamics, thermal engineering, fluid dynamics, optics, controls, acoustics, precision mechanical systems, product engineering, and design for manufacturing. A broad range is a plus.
· Proficiency with 3D modeling CAD (Solidworks preferred) and engineering analysis tools (Python, MatLab, FEA tools, etc).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.