Principal Solutions Architect - Cloud & Data Analytics Consultant
- 143 South St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defense and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Your day to day
In this hands-on role, you will provide best-fit architectural solutions for client engagements, provide technology consultation, assist in defining scope of efforts, and work across the organization to help deliver positive business outcomes for our client organizations. You will be tasked to support opportunity identification, frame thoughtful analytics discussion, support solutioning and provide ongoing value via innovative high-quality solutions and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform hands-on solution design, solution architectures, architecture roadmaps, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks as required in support of programs and projects as requested
- Provide solution architectures at the project, product, and program levels that span highly complex processes, systems, applications and technologies.
- Ability to immerse in a function or technology to develop advanced level of proficiency in a time box
- Provide clear options, measures of performance, and assessments for architectures to the project, product, and program teams as required.
- Document and proficiently explain complex architectures at any level of detail to any and all levels within the organization
- Lead Solution Architecture reviews with program and project teams prior to design and development activities and ensure solution is scalable, is aligned with strategy and roadmaps, and meets customers’ business requirements
- Lead subsequent reviews of agreed architecture at critical project phases
- Mentor additional team resources as necessary, especially junior solution architects
- Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
- Support translation of business needs into solution architecture requirements, application of multiple technical solutions to business problems, and estimation of the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
What you bring
- 8-10+ years of experience in an architecture role
- 10-12+ years of experience with systems process design and improvement; experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
- Experience with and knowledge of patterns for two or more of the following technology domains required: cloud databases, self-serve analytics, AI/ML, Big Data
- Exceptional conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Proven ability to work effectively within a matrix management structure
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.