Cloud Platform Lead
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
At PA, we take an innovative approach to technology consulting. That’s why we only hire the most innovative thinkers. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we offer our consultants unrivalled opportunities for growth and give them the freedom they need to excel. Whether they’re interested in solving complex challenges, executing organisational change or inspiring unconstrained ideation, we offer them a place to carve out a lasting career. Employee-owned, award winning and highly ambitious, at PA we are a different kind of consultancy.
Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
As part of our Digital team, you’ll lead the development of our cloud capability that underpins our innovation hub in Belfast, focussing on delivering platform capabilities and services to support repeatable digital accelerators, industry solutions and products. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner.
We think big, start small and scale fast. We are different in what we do and how we do it. We focus heavily on digitally-enabled, secure solutions to bring ingenuity to life.
We’ll be looking at you to set direction and take responsibility for successfully developing the people, processes and technology needed, leveraging the latest cloud native technologies and automation techniques.
- You’ll have expertise in building and leading teams will feel comfortable leading higher level architectural discussions
- You’ll be able to be hands-on with infrastructure as code and have strong expertise across the main cloud service provider platforms
- You’ll develop iterative product roadmaps and understand how to implement product approaches and methods alongside project delivery practices.
- Using your experience of the engineering process, it’s likely you’ll lead across a pod, or multiple pods, building strong principles and putting robust methods and patterns in place
- You’ll be comfortable having conversations with clients, senior leadership and technology teams regularly, being one of the main points of engagement
- You’ll be comfortable working with our technology partners, leveraging the strong alliances we have in place with all the top cloud service providers.
- You’ll have a strong work ethic and can manage complexity across multiple projects and stakeholders
- Coaching and mentoring the team will be important in the role and you’ll be comfortable creating opportunities for everyone to get involved; inspiring and encouraging others around you to actively shape and contribute
- You will understand the bid process and assist to create approaches or proposals, and perhaps you may also add valuable contributions during presentations to clients in a formal selection process
- You’re constantly learning, keeping on top of market trends, and challenge your own thinking to continuously improve
• Proven experience in cloud platforms with at least one Professional Level Certification (AWS, Azure and Google) or equivalent expertise
• Strong experience in IT infrastructure fundamentals: compute, storage, networking and cloud security
• Experience developing solutions in the cloud and building out landing zone architectures, using either AWS, GCP or Azure
• Experience in scripting with modern languages like Terraform, Ansible and Python.
• Experience in microservices architecture, including containers and serverless implementation. E.g. Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, AWS Lambda, Cloud Functions
• Experience working in agile development teams where you’re applying development practices such as:
- Agile sprints
- DevOps practices and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working in a team to develop design, elaborate user stories and deliver estimates during story pointing
- An understanding of scalability, high availability and disaster recovery requirements
Benefits at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
PA is committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. We believe that greater diversity stimulates innovation, enabling us to fulfil our purpose of ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’, supporting the growth of our people, and delivering more enduring results for our clients.
We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.