Production Support Engineer
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across PA ensuring processes and practices are put in place to enhance our clients applications and systems ensuring they can perform their daily work on optimised systems while in parallel continuously improving the service, both from a minor feature and service improvement perspective, including the implementation of change to reduce/prevent specific issues, automate processes and improve overall service stability.
As a Digital Operations Production Support Engineer you will be working in a team, responsible for ensuring bugs are analysed and fixed within defined timeframes according to SLA’s; identifying and implementing features that will ensure continuous improvement of client applications.
You will be working alongside colleagues on L1 and L2 teams, or as part of a dedicated L3 support team in larger multi-supplier settings.
Digital Operations is one of our growing capabilities as we look to provide live operational support to our clients.
For our Digital Operations Production Support Engineers we are looking for Engineers highly skills in Java, who can identify problems and develop solutions; implement new features and seek to continually improve client applications. We’re interested in the following skills:
- Ability to resolve root cause analysis and troubleshoot solutions
- Experience in identifying efficiency improvements from manual actions to automated processes with a focus on continuous improvement
- Experience in using monitoring tools, specifically Grafana & Kibana
- High level of technical skills across the following technology stack:
- Java 8+
- MVC, JDBC and RESTful
- Building tools such as Ant, Maven and Gradle
- Using a range of technologies and libraries in the Java ecosystem
- Using fundamental tools and languages E.g. SQL, Unix, CLI tools, PowerShell, Shell Scripting, HTML and CSS
- External and embedded databases, relational and NoSQL, E.g. MongoDB, MySQL, Flink, Cassandra, SQL Server, Postgres. Developing schema for supporting business logic and data
- Experience in working across production and non-production instances of services
- Experience of transitioning services from Project/Development into Live Operational Support
- Clear written and verbal communication with an ability to convert technical language into business language so the client can understand
- Ability to assess risk appropriately and to work under pressure while ensuring strong communication with the client and the Digital Operations team
Benefits at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
PA is committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. We believe that greater diversity stimulates innovation, enabling us to fulfil our purpose of ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’, supporting the growth of our people, and delivering more enduring results for our clients.
We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.