User Researcher / UX Designer (Consultant)
- Farringdon Rd, London, UK
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
What We’re Looking for:
We are looking for talented people who are skilled in user research and UX design, who can work collaboratively with clients and their users to best meet their needs, from strategy through to the delivery of innovative digital services. Our goal is to deliver real change for our clients and their users, to ensure that digital services are accessible to all. You will plan and conduct user research in order to uncover user needs. You will analyse and translate this research into meaningful and actionable insights and communicate these findings and recommendations to team members and senior stakeholders. You will be able to convert these insights into high quality, best-in-class user experience design artefacts, for further testing & iteration. You will bring a strong understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, as well as best practices and core principles of great UX design. You will have demonstrable experience and understanding of working within the GDS methodology. You will work with clients in a variety of sectors, with a focus on Public Sector. We are proud to use digital to create ingenious solutions and positive outcomes for the public sector. We work on cutting edge assignments in the largest government departments. We transform ALBs and government agencies through digital, and we support and transform front-line service delivery in Local Government through cutting use of cloud-technologies. Our digital specialists work alongside our experts in departmental policy, ensuring we deliver on users’ needs and departmental objectives. So if you are passionate about delivering world class digital solutions that fulfil users’ needs, open up access to society and do this in the most effective way possible, then this is the place for you.
What you’ll do:
As a researcher and user experience designer you will have been developing digital responses to complex client problems across for 3+ years. You will therefore have experience and knowledge of a wide range of design tools, software, techniques and processes - and know when to use them. Your key tasks and responsibilities will be to:
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams, internally and beyond, to research, conceive, describe and craft useful, usable and delightful digital products and services
• Create and execute on research plans throughout the digital product development process
• Organise and run research interviews, support with note taking, do detailed write up, analyse the outputs and draw out insights, produce summary reports, and support the strategic design approach and planning
• Present research findings, insights experience strategy to a varied audience from senior marketing execs to technical architects and developers
• Shape UX solutions and rapidly visualize a proposition based on user insights, through collaboratively sketching, wireframing and prototyping
• Constantly develop the craft of research and UX, pushing creativity and innovation in our work
• Produce a range of artefacts from sketches, wireframes, prototypes, through to site maps, user flows and interface design where appropriate
• Have a strong focus on quality and timely delivery
• The role is heavily client-facing
• Experience and understanding of working within the GDS methodology
• Experience of planning and conducting a variety of user research activities such as user interviews, panels and usability testing
• Experience of analysing and presenting research findings to a multi-disciplinary team
• Experience of rapidly sketching, scamping concepts and making prototypes
• Able to produce formal UX and visual design deliverables
• Able to use the usual design and prototyping software to a high standard (Such as: Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Invision, Axure, Omnigraffle, Sublime/Atom, Keynote, pen and paper) + any you can introduce us to
• Able to interpret, follow and create design guidelines and principles
• Exemplary and creative storytelling with strong, clear and concise communication skills
• Willing to learn new tools as needed
• You are delightfully non-ego driven
• You are full of energy and passion for what you do
• You are constantly learning by teaching yourself and challenging your own and thinking
• You make others around you better by consciously teaching and unconsciously inspiring
• You have a strong work ethic, are organised, can manage complexity across multiple projects
• You have an eye for detail and ‘good enough’ never is
• You are an exceptional communicator
• You are collaborative, friendly, ‘hunchy’ with bags of initiative
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance
PA is committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. We believe that greater diversity stimulates innovation, enabling us to fulfil our purpose of ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’, supporting the growth of our people, and delivering more enduring results for our clients.
We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.