Operations & Improvement Consultant - Financial Services
- 10 Bressenden Pl, London SW1E 5DN, UK
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
- Do you enjoy working on complex and challenging projects using your ingenuity to deliver real and meaningful value?
- Would you be motivated by contributing to a positive-human future?
- Are you keen to work to build improvement capability and operational excellence?
- Would you be motivated by working collaboratively in diverse project teams, often with a blend of colleagues, clients and suppliers?
- Is shaping your career pathway and the development of others important to you?
If so, our Operations and Improvement consultant role could be for you!
As a consultant you would be working in our Operations and Improvement Team to transform the way our clients actually work. We help financial services companies and organisations keep their promises by delivering maximum value in the most cost-effective way, by deploying leading edge techniques and committed, collaborative staff who want to make a difference.
Our growing international Operations and Improvement team of over 120 staff covers the full spectrum of improvement delivery expertise, involving people, processes and systems, for our clients. We operate across all sectors and this opportunity focusses on roles in public and private sector financial service organisations (more detail is included in the section below).
Recent project highlights include:
- Accelerating productivity by up to 50% in clients global banking operations
- Improving back office process cycle times by up to 40% to increase internal & external customer satisfaction in international banking operations clients
- Embedding a culture of high performance and collaboration across a dispersed workforce in an award winning asset management company
- Transforming performance and leadership behaviours to help unlock performance in a market leading wealth management provider
- Reimagining the health insurance customer engagement and experience, while transforming the operation that delivers it for a major UK insurer
- Enabling a global insurer to prepare and mitigate cyber underwriting risk while developing the organisation’s cyber readiness
- Transforming a specialty insurers operation to promote organisational agility and commercial innovation
We are seeking talented individuals with experience across all types of operation improvement and transformation work, from supply chain to pure service sectors.
We are looking for candidates with skills and experience in the following areas:
- Core experience of delivering improvement in operational environments from the back office to the front, from the initial contact to aftercare
- Core experience of working and delivering within the Financial Services sector
- A track record of realising tangible business benefits and outcomes
- Automation technology including Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and machine learning (ML) software
- An ability to recognise the interdependencies of process, people, data and technology and their impact on performance
- A deep understanding of how financial services business and organisations thrive and stay ahead of the competition when dealing with such challenges as globalisation, sustainability and remote working
- Understanding of banking, insurance as well as regulatory operations, the typical losses of productivity and how operational teams function in an FS environment
- Experience of deploying advanced techniques such as digital technologies, business process re-design, engaging change management, operational risk management
- The ability to demonstrate leadership skills in large and diverse project teams
- Ability to work across multiple levels of an organisation
- An aptitude for delivering creative and ingenious solutions
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience working in one of the following areas:
- Future of banking experience
- Cost reduction in Banking Operations
- Driving sustainable performance improvement through innovation & collaboration
- An interest in developing new business (this activity can take a number of different forms depending on relative experience and rank)
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- A drive for personal and professional progression
Your role will include facilitating workshops, providing compelling, evidence-based insights, and helping to manage stakeholders from the operational teams to the boardroom. We pride ourselves on partnering with clients, providing a service that delivers real and long-lasting value.
Our Operations and Improvement consultants are expected to be hands-on, working together with our clients to bring energy, direction and expertise in helping to solve the most difficult operational and supply chain challenges.
In addition to the formal benefits set out below, we are passionate about the personal and career development of our consultants. Our team is committed to providing the opportunities, support, training and coaching required at all levels to ensure our consultants can all achieve their potential.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on [email protected]