Lead Product Designer
- 340 S Lemon Ave, Walnut, CA 91789, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Outer Labs builds software tools for professionals in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction field that have the potential to radically reshape how buildings are designed, constructed, and occupied. Some questions we regularly consider are: How could software automatically layout a building’s structural system? How could software automatically understand city zoning codes? How could software interpret an architect’s ideas and intentions through a simple drawing? or How can we help a designer explore a thousand ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one?
As a product designer at Outer Labs, you'll work on software that improves the design, construction, and operation of buildings. There will be frequent engagement with our clients, who are among some of the most admired brands on Earth. You’ll build a point of view bring your designs to life by working through feedback and implementation with our world-class engineering team on groundbreaking technology. You’ll also get to shape the design culture at Outer Labs and work with other designers to improve your craft.
- Work directly with project stakeholders to collect information, empathize, and drive the UX/UI from concept to delivery
- Conduct independent research and market analysis to balance stakeholder perspectives
- Partner with your Product Owner and Engineering project team members to develop a customer-centric point of view for the product
- Express design intent with high-quality mockups and clickable prototypes that embody the end-to-end user journey
- Leverage the full range of design expertise at Outer Labs by working closely with other designers to sharpen your intuition and iterate through your designs
- Own the handoff of design to engineering with clickable prototypes, and assets
- Advocate for the user experience, field questions, and make adjustments as you work through implementation
- Ensure the final result provides the intended value to stakeholders by studying user behavior and working through areas of friction
- 4-8 years experience working as a Product Designer, User Experience (UX) Designer, or similar role (please provide your design portfolio)
- Deep knowledge of user experience research and market analysis frameworks
- Experience building and iterating on user journeys from design research
- Experience wireframing and designing in Figma, or similar application
- Excellent eye for design aesthetic and latest design trends
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with interactive prototyping tools is a plus (Figma, Framer, or similar)
- Experience with AEC industry is strongly preferred
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
- 100% remote working
Outer Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.