Senior React Frontend Developer
- Level 24, 66 Goulburn Street, Sydney, New South Wales, au
This is your chance to make a global impact in the financial world. Othera is a well funded fintech company that is scaling up to change the fabric of international capital markets with their blockchain powered loan management platform and digital asset exchange.
Othera is tackling the cause of the global financial crisis head on by increasing trust and transparency in the financial services industry. We have already landed high profile clients and partnerships, and with more in the pipeline, we need your help to deliver our game changing technology. Use your skills, creativity and passion to join us in redefining the financial landscape and bringing greater accountability and transparency to global capital markets.
Not only is our product a new greenfield system, it is breaking new ground in markets that don’t exist, requiring genuine innovation.
We don't like micromanagement, and love innovation. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a blend of independence, team collaboration and a comfort with taking risks.
You will be building components and applications for the Othera platform: complex approval workflows, visualizing loan data, messaging, document generation, etc. Our platform is predominately web-based, but also includes mobile applications. You have seen your fair share of frontend frameworks and languages and know how to pick the right tool for the job. You have a strong focus on test-first and quality. You like to learn and stay on top of technological developments.
This is a permanent full-time position within a pretty senior team and a flat management culture.
The Essential Techie Details
- You know how to connect frontend and backend and avoid the pitfalls of routing, state management (e.g. Redux), performance and security.
- You prefer strongly typed and functional languages to simply know it works when the build says ok. Typescript experience helps.
- We strongly believe in TDD and pair programming for quality and fun, you know how to test your user interfaces and know your way around frameworks and tools, e.g., Jest, Cucumber, or Protractor.
- You can demonstrate you created challenging software. Large-scale, single-page web applications beyond the 2,000-line textbook example. More than once.
Desirable Experience That Complements Our Tech Stack
- Rest APIs, Java Spring, microservices
- CI/CD, DevOps
- Blockchain (Ethereum, Corda)
- SQL (Postgres/MySQL/Hibernate)
- Cloud (Azure/AWS) and containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in utilizing customer research, behavior analytics or digital analytics to drive design and optimization
- You have an engineering degree (BSc or more, PhDs are most welcome), ideally in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Applicants without a permanent work permit for the Australia will be automatically rejected, sorry.
Working with Othera gives you the opportunity to work full time with experts in blockchain technology and be at the leading edge of its deployment into the financial ecosystem. Othera’s team consists of a diverse mix of experienced financial gurus, business experts, mathematicians and programmers who love what they do and are driven to succeed.
Together we are trying to achieve what others have yet to imagine. We are constantly trying new things and solving complex problems. Our teams are autonomous, yet collaborative and from the CEO down to the newest recruit, we all frown on micromanagement. Othera is a place to thrive and develop your new skills and if you can’t find something intriguing to work on and challenge yourself, then we will work to help you unleash your potential.
While we double down when the pressure is on there’s always time for the fun stuff! We chill out at weekly demos, get together for team lunches and events, and love a good one-liner to lift the mood! To keep everyone nourished and refreshed there are free breakfast options, snacks and drinks and EVERYONE gets their birthday off.
Our offices are open and highly collaborative. We have big windows with plenty of natural light and great city views. Museum and Town Hall stations are close and Hyde Park is walking distance if you need some sun.
This is an opportunity to make an impact, have an employee number that will count, to stop being a cog in the wheel and to receive equity options commensurate with your hard work and commitment. And learn new technologies at an insane speed with a pretty senior team of developers across the globe.
What are you waiting for?
Othera is on track to be a global fintech with high growth potential. Come work with passionate peers on cool and interesting technical and business challenges in the age of blockchain.
Get in touch! Please include a CUSTOMISED cover letter addressing the essential criteria along with your CV or LinkedIn page.
NOTE: Automatic and spam applications will not be considered.