Senior React Frontend Developer
- Eindhoven, Netherlands
This is your chance to make a global impact in the financial world. Othera.io is a well-funded fintech company, scaling up to change the fabric of international capital markets. With our blockchain-powered loan management platform and digital asset exchange.
Othera is tackling the cause of the global financial crisis head on by increasing trust and transparency in the financial services industry. We have already landed high profile finance clients and partnerships. With more in the pipeline, we need your help to deliver our game changing technology. Use your skills, creativity and passion to join us in redefining the financial landscape and bringing greater accountability and transparency to global capital markets.
You will be part of the global development team building the Othera platform. You will be joining the team at an early stage and will be instrumental in determining the direction. You’ll help shape a sophisticated web application, in close contact with European customers. The application runs on top of an enterprise blockchain with close ties to public blockchains. Development challenges are at the blockchain level to integrate smart contract execution across chains, at the server level to include financial modeling, and in the frontend to integrate into the workflow of the traders. UX, software quality and security, and fast, incremental delivery are key.
You will be building components and applications for the Othera platform: complex approval workflows, visualizing loan data, messaging, document generation, etc. Our platform is predominantly web-based, but also includes mobile applications. You have seen your fair share of frontend frameworks and languages and know how-to pick the right tool for the job. You have a strong focus on test-first and quality. You like to learn and stay on top of technological developments.
The Techie Details
- You know how to connect frontend and backend and avoid the pitfalls of routing, state management (e.g. Redux), performance, and security.
- You prefer strongly typed and functional languages to simply know it works when the build says ok. Typescript experience helps.
- We strongly believe in TDD and pair programming for quality and fun, you know how to test your user interfaces and know your way around frameworks and tools, e.g., Mocha/Chai or Cucumber and Protractor.
- You can demonstrate you created challenging software. Large-scale, single-page web applications beyond the 2,000-line textbook example. More than once.
- You have an engineering degree (BSc or more, PhDs are most welcome), ideally in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Given the fintech domain, relevant experience in the financial industry, esp. trading bonds, is a big plus.
The Social Stuff
- We know that a true diverse team in gender, cultural background, and age can move mountains. Our company language is English. Dutch is not required.
- We love the pragmatism of lean and agile, continuous improvement, and the close contact with customers. Prior experience is good, if not, you’ll find out in practice.
- We have strong deadlines and work hard. But we detest death marches. We prefer a sustainable pace and a good work-life balance.
- Whatever the work, we all love the challenge, and share the fun of learning new stuff and celebrating failure and success together.
- We welcome non-EU members and are a recognized sponsor by the IND.
Working with Othera gives you the opportunity to work full time with experts in blockchain technology and be at the leading edge of its deployment into the financial ecosystem. Othera’s team consists of a diverse mix of experienced financial gurus, business experts, mathematicians and programmers who love what they do and are driven to succeed.
Together we are trying to achieve what others have yet to imagine. We are constantly trying new things and solving complex problems. Our teams are autonomous, yet collaborative and from the CEO down to the newest recruit, we all frown on micromanagement. Othera is a place to thrive and develop new skills and if you can’t find something intriguing to work on and challenge yourself, then we will work to help you unleash your potential.
This is an opportunity to make an impact, have an employee number that will count, to stop being a cog in a wheel and to receive equity options commensurate with your hard work and commitment.
What Are You Waiting For?
Othera is on track to be a global fintech with high growth potential. Come work with passionate peers on cool and interesting technical and business challenges in the age of blockchain.
Get in Touch! Send us your LinkedIn profile, CV or GitHub account or project you are proud of.