Senior Full-Stack Java/React Developer
- Eindhoven, Netherlands
This is your chance to make a global impact in the financial world. Othera.io is a well-funded fintech company, scaling up to change the fabric of international capital markets - with our blockchain-powered loan management platform and digital asset exchange.
Othera is tackling the cause of the global financial crisis head on by increasing trust and transparency in the financial services industry. We have already landed high profile finance clients and partnerships. With more in the pipeline, we need your help to deliver our game changing technology. Use your skills, creativity and passion to join us in redefining the financial landscape and bringing greater accountability and transparency to global capital markets.
You will be part of the global development team working on the Othera platform. You’re joining at an exciting period, where we are building a production-grade system and you will be instrumental in determining the direction. You’ll help shape a sophisticated web application, in close contact with European customers. The application runs on top of an enterprise blockchain with close ties to public blockchains. Development challenges are at the blockchain level to integrate smart contract execution across chains, at the server level to compose a multitude of micro services including financial modeling, and in the frontend to integrate into the workflow of the lenders. UX, software quality and security, and fast, incremental delivery are key.
It is often more efficient and fun to work vertically through the stack from blockchain to frontend in a pair than to separate skills and responsibilities in backend and frontend. You know what it takes to architect and engineer a set of microservices to have all the properties like security, reliability, performance, and maintanability in place. You have a strong focus on test-first and quality. You like to learn and stay on top of technological developments.
The Techie Details
- You have an affinity and experience in creating micro services in Java or Scala and frameworks like Spring Cloud or Lagom/Lightbend.
- Frontend experience in React, Redux, etc. is a plus (but not a must) to tie the whole thing together.
- We strongly believe in TDD and pair programming for quality and fun and you prefer functional and strongly typed languages to simply know it works when the build says ok.
- Blockchain experience, especially Ethereum and Corda is a plus, but as the technology is too young to claim expertise, we believe you will learn quick enough.
- DevOps experience, esp. Docker, Kubernetes, and Azure/AWS will help.
- You can demonstrate you created challenging software. Large-scale, web services beyond the 2,000-line textbook example. More than once.
- You have an engineering degree (BSc or more, PhDs are most welcome), ideally in computer science or equivalent.
- Given the fintech domain, relevant experience in the financial industry, esp. trading bonds, is a big plus.
The Social Stuff
- We ask direct questions to challenge and coach each other to constantly improve our work. We are self-driven but team oriented.
- We know that a true diverse team in gender, cultural background, and age can move mountains. Our company language is English. Dutch is not required.
- We love the pragmatism of lean and agile, continuous improvement, and the close contact with customers. Prior experience is good, if not, you’ll find out in practice.
- We have strong deadlines and work hard. But we detest death marches. We prefer a sustainable pace and a good work-life balance.
- Whatever the work, we all love the challenge, and share the fun of learning new stuff and celebrating failure and success together.
- Benefits include regular drinks and social activities, a day off on your birthday, and participation in our employee share option plan. And learning new technologies at an insane speed with a pretty senior team of developers across the globe.
What Are You Waiting For?
Othera is on track to be a global fintech with high growth potential. Come work with passionate peers on cool and interesting technical and business challenges in the age of blockchain and what has been dubbed the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Get In Touch! Send us your LinkedIn profile, CV or GitHub account or project you are proud of.