Cloud Native Engineer, Kubernetes
- Remote, Reston, VA, or Remote, United States
We are a technology consulting firm that specializes in cloud native and enterprise DevSecOps transformations. We are passionate about technology and building value for our clients through amazing technical solutions using cloud native, containers and extreme automation based DevSecOps practices. We believe in pushing the envelope and setting the bar high. That's one of the main reasons our customers love working with us. There are many factors that go into building and delivering superior technical solutions, but the most important factor is having top notch people. If you love building cloud native systems, applications and automation solutions in the cloud and you are looking to join a company that is an Enterprise DevSecOps and Cloud Native powerhouse, then keep reading.
You will be part of our Cloud Native DevSecOps practice and will be primarily working on building enterprise containers solutions that involve Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker and the surrounding K8s ecosystem. In this role, you will be responsible for providing design and implementation expertise on Kubernetes for the DevSecOps solutions that are being built in the cloud. As a Kubernetes Subject Matter Expert, you will be providing guidance for design and architecture of Kubernetes clusters at a massive scale for the client organization (an innovative and progressive organization that operates at scale). You will be implementing rapid POCs and Pilots of new capabilities to demonstrate feasibility of new solutions. You will understand the developments in the CNCF community and have a great understanding of the overall CNCF ecosystem. You will present solutions to stakeholders to better educate them and help in the decision making process for using the right technologies for solving the right problems.
- Have in-depth, hands-on experience building platforms at scale for containerized workloads, particularly leveraging Kubernetes, including cluster provisioning, operations, workload optimization, custom controllers/operators, workflow orchestration, logging monitoring, security, and troubleshooting.
- Detailed understanding of core concepts for Kubernetes APIs and cluster architecture, as well as services and networking.
- Hands on experience with Ingress of Nginx DevOps tools: Jenkins, Ansible, GitLab CI/CD, Docker Network and security management for hybrid environment Cloud Architect Certification on Multi Cloud Platforms.
- Familiarity with Deploying Kubernetes Operators with RBAC for one or more of the following using Helm or Ansible:
- EFK stack: Elasticsearch, Fluentd/FluentBit and Kibana
- Be able to describe the overlap between Kubernetes upstream and downstream distributions (OpenShift, Rancher, VMWare Tanzu)
- Proven experience in DevOps, Nginx and Kubernetes (Pod, Cluster, etc.)
- Strong client facing skills and a good listener.
- Ability to push a point/right solution to different stakeholders (both technical and non-technical).
- Proven experience of delivering complex Kubernetes project engagements.
- Strong understanding and experience building GitOps solutions using Flux or Argo for Kubernetes.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues faced in the working Kubernetes environment and CI/CD pipeline.
- Drive: Passion and energy to implement quality technical solutions. Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity
- Commitment to Quality: Passion to conceive and produce world-class solutions that drive real-world value for the customer
- Customer Focus: Consultative approach to solving problems for customers. Expectations management.
- Communication: Superior communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate problems, solutions, risks, rewards etc. (written and verbal)
- Technical Skills: Love for technology. You have to be inherently passionate about technology.
- Business Acumen: Technology ultimately is used to enable the business. We look for people who understand how the businesses can be enabled through their technical solutions
What we offer:
- Ability to make a noticeable difference for the organization and our customers
- Tremendous growth opportunity by becoming part of a rapidly growing organization. It’s not your tenure but what you can bring to the table that defines how your career will be shaped. You control your growth.
- Complex but interesting challenges to improve the depth and breadth of your technical and business skills. Our consultants are business technologists and understand how technology drives business.
- Competitive pay and benefits
Work authorization requirement: US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Oteemo is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law. Oteemo complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled employees.