Operations and Maintenance Technician
- Battle Mountain, NV 89820, USA
- Departments: Beowawe
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, Ormat is a leading geothermal company and the only vertically integrated company solely engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG), with the objective of becoming a leading global provider of renewable energy.
Responsible for assisting with the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the power plant and all associated equipment in accordance with procedures, guidelines, and operating directives in effect. This is an entry level position. Develops the ability to assist with operational duties including all associated plant and well field responsibilities. Concurrently, performs and adheres to all training requirements and schedules. Training program requirements are expected to be completed within the designated time frame.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned as needed)
Note: New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential reasonable accommodation due to medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- Adheres to, supports and complies with all company safety and environmental policies and practices. Ensures all employees, contractors and visitors conduct themselves safely and within company policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Under the close supervision of the O&M Tech I, and/or O&M Tech II assists as directed in activities at the power plant, including startups, shutdowns, load changing operation on the plant, controls all auxiliary equipment systems and supporting equipment.
- Reads meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions. With the help of a qualified O&M Tech computes and reviews various logs and reports regarding flows, pressures, temperatures, levels and other information. Communicates with shift changing plant personnel to confirm equipment status, load schedule and changes.
- Maintains the plant area, shop equipment, tools and grounds in a clean and safe condition at all times.
- Takes immediate corrective action as directed in response to emergency situations to minimize safety hazards and to reduce damage or downtime to the plant and its equipment.
- Monitors and performs maintenance work as directed. Typical maintenance work includes, but is not limited to; disassembly, repair, and assembly of small and medium size equipment; lubricating equipment; assisting with and/or performing instrumentation and electrical troubleshooting and maintenance; changing oil in equipment, and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Assists with corrective, predictive, and preventive maintenance as directed on electrical, mechanical, instrumentation, and/or water systems. Compiles records and reports, and maintains a daily log of instrument readings.
- Upon certification operates various pieces of heavy equipment, such as forklifts, mobile cranes, man lifts, machine tools and electrical test equipment in the performance of operation and maintenance work.
- Trains to improve personal skills related to the job and/or required advancement.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to Ormat’s driving program.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE - High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; Desired qualifications: previous power plant maintenance experience. Familiar with electrical, and/or mechanical equipment. Basic knowledge of heavy equipment operation and water treatment systems. Basic computer skills in word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - Valid Driver's License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - Employee is required to work a rotating shift with normal shifts up to 12 hours per day. The employee is expected to work overtime as needed. The work schedule may require the operator to work alone for extended periods. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme heat; extreme cold; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and on occasion can be very loud.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.