- Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, USA
- Departments: Mammoth
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, Ormat is a leading geothermal company and the only vertically integrated company solely engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG), with the objective of becoming a leading global provider of renewable energy.
The Maintenance Supervisor oversees and directs the mechanical maintenance activities under direction of the Maintenance Manager, directly manages the maintenance technicians, maintains and improves the preventative and predictive maintenance programs and supports the operations group and project teams as necessary.
Note: New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential reasonable accommodation due to medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- Plans and schedules maintenance activities with the Operations and Plant Managers.
- Determines equipment & labor requirements for repairs, improvements and preventative maintenance.
- Oversees, directs and coordinates work with mechanical contractors and prepares estimates, quotes & timelines for materials and labor.
- Properly implements and follows Ormat’s purchasing procedures and adheres to contractor safety procedure.
- Effectively communicates and directly oversees planned & unplanned work, maintenance improvements and engineering projects and activities with operations and maintenance.
- Oversees and directs the computerized maintenance management system, schedules and monitors the completion of work orders.
- Oversees and directs preventative and predictive maintenance inspections, calibrations and tasks.
- Assists in planning and managing the site maintenance budgets.
- Ensures safety programs and procedures are adhered to and enforced by department personnel and contractors.
- Provides resources and support to Ormat project teams as necessary.
- Supports company policies, goals and objectives, and represents the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous periods of time and read and understand maps.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays (or one or the other) when necessary.
- Must be able to travel extensively to other locations, including rural areas and other states, to work on other projects.
- Serves as a technical resource for the maintenance mechanics, provides assistance resolving difficult work problems and/or performs journey-level work in the troubleshooting, design, installation, repair and upgrading of systems.
- Supervises environmental and general housekeeping activities.
- Acts as a catalyst for performance and technology improvements.
- Continually develops contractor and vendor relationships.
- Maintains and improves the spare parts system and inventory.
- Attends monthly safety training per the annual training schedule.
- Coordinates and participates in teambuilding activities.
- Takes a lead role in creating a high-performance, team-orientated environment.
- Performs other duties as directed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- 10 years of experience in maintenance and/or engineering field(s) with some supervisory experience.
- Must be accurate, detail oriented, self-motivated and self-managing.
- Ability to understand procedures and instructions to the areas of assignment as would be acquired in four years of high school.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills with strong attention to detail and follow through skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.
- Microsoft Access is desirable.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, drawings, specifications, sketches and technical documentation.
- Ability to work well individually or in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task well and change priorities quickly.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT’s auto insurance carrier.
- The ability to work at a computer and computer monitor and use repetitive motion for long periods of time.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds periodically.
- Must be able to climb ladders, work off of elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
- Must be able to correctly wear and work using self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Must be able to wear and work in fire retardant clothing provided by Ormat.
- Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties.
- Job requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time with moderate bending, stooping, and kneeling.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.