Safety Coordinator, Energy Storage
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Departments: Operations NOC
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, Ormat is a leading geothermal company and the only vertically integrated company solely engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG), with the objective of becoming a leading global provider of renewable energy.
Note: New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential reasonable accommodation due to medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs.
This position is responsible for designing, implementing and improving safety programs, improving site safety culture, assisting management in injury and illness prevention, and ensuring operations are in compliance with local, state and federal safety regulations at all Ormat operating locations. This position will support Operations and Maintenance (O&M) teams, to maintain a culture where employees at all levels understand safety processes and are committed to maintaining a safe and compliant work environment.
- Develops, implements and manages standard safety procedures for use in the Battery Storage organization
- Manages the development and implementation of industrial hygiene, occupational health, and safety programs.
- Supports development and administration of accident investigation programs and corrective actions.
- Manages and guides accident investigations, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Strictly adhere to and enforce all safety procedures as required by Ormat, CAPP, and OSHA
- Develops and provides safety training to company personnel as required by federal, state, and local regulatory bodies. August 11, 2021 Page 2 of 3
- Supports regional and facility EHS staff to implement and drive the company’s safety culture.
- Takes a direct role in communicating the mission, vision, and values of the company and its commitment to safe behavior to plant teams.
- Supports development and maintains systems for monitoring, reporting, and analyzing EHS metrics including leading and lagging indicators of safety performance.
- Provides technical expertise and support to managers, safety committees, and technicians.
- Supports development and administration of EHS audits, observations, documentation and implementation of corrective actions.
- Designs and directs programs for security and emergency preparedness.
- Researches and recommends safety equipment.
- Recommends or develops and distributes health and safety educational materials.
- Using statistical trend analysis, supports the design, development and implementation of EHS training; maintains oversight of training records and corrective action follow-up.
- Communicates with federal, state and local regulatory bodies. • Attends conferences, meetings, and workshops to keep current on EHS regulations, methods, policies, and procedures, and to maintain required level of certification.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner
- • This position requires occasional U.S. travel with the possibility of international travel
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a related field or equivalent related work experience.
- Prior supervisory experience or relevant role
- Must be familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices, codes standards and procedures including OSHA regulations and OSHAs 18001 occupational health and safety standards.
- Must have and maintain a detailed knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety laws.
- The ability to work well individually or in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities quickly according to circumstances
- Must possess excellent technical writing, verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to safely and efficiently perform the job duties
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT’s auto insurance carrier. August 11, 2021 Page 3 of 3 Physical Requirements
- The ability to work at a computer and computer monitor and use repetitive motion for long periods of time.
- The ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders, climb to and work off of elevated platforms, ladders and walkways
- Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties including fire retardant clothing
- ob requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time with moderate bending, stooping, and kneeling
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.