Staff Accountant and Revenue Analyst
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Departments: VESI
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, Ormat is a leading geothermal company and the only vertically integrated company solely engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG), with the objective of becoming a leading global provider of renewable energy.
Note: New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential reasonable accommodation due to medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs.
This position is responsible for accounting, financial reporting preparation, maintaining multiple general ledgers, and general review of the U.S. domestic entities.
- Responsible for the preparation and of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare statements reconciliation, billings and analysis of the company revenue
- Assists in the preparation, review and analysis of financial statements for all entities
- Identifies, analyzes and communicates budgeted versus actual results
- Maintains general ledger in accordance with GAAP guidelines for all US entities
- Assists in the consolidation process
- Follows and enforces accounting policies and procedures, and system controls
- Tracks costs and maintain reporting for commercial and utility scale construction projects
- Reconciles intercompany balances for all entities
- Maintains contact and positive interaction with accountants/admin at the foreign and domestic plants
- Maintains SOX controls as stated in internal procedures
- Reconciles monthly management reports between the purchasing system (OMS) and the accounting system (Intacct)
- Reconciles subsidiary ledgers in Intacct (i.e. AP, AR, Cash modules)
- Reconciles payroll information for input into the ledger based on outside resource (ADP)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 3-5 years related experience
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities so time is used efficiently and effectively
- Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality performance
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact well with Senior Management
- Proven technical accounting skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in ERP systems
- Experience with revenue recognition standard ASC 606
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to safely and efficiently perform the job duties
- Must possess capability to manage large volumes of data through general ledger and financial statement preparation in a multiple company environment
The ability to work at a computer, and computer monitor, and use repetitive motion for long periods of time
The ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
This position requires sitting 80% of the time and standing and walking 20% of the time
Traveling to the US HQ from time to time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.