Electrical Construction Supervisor - Puna, HI
- Pāhoa, HI 96778, USA
- Departments: Project Management
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, Ormat is a leading geothermal company and the only vertically integrated company solely engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG), with the objective of becoming a leading global provider of renewable energy.
Note: New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential reasonable accommodation due to medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs.
This position is responsible for:
- Supervision of industrial electrical installation at the various locations of installation, and provides experience in construction management and contract supply completion
- Development work during the project cycle to include bid/cost analysis
- Confirmation of electrical designs
- Project scheduling assistance in and of evaluation for 3rd party contract bid development
- Manage multiple projects of high complexity
- Supervision of electrical construction crew, including company employees and subcontractors
- Oversee the formal planning, tracking, and reporting of project’s electrical engineering and interconnection work
- Establish budgets, including estimating requirements for internal and external engineering work.
- Perform and oversee preparation of electrical and structural feasibility studies, electrical system and specific project analysis, calculations and designs
- Respond to the operating and construction organization needs
- Provide support for planning and scoping of new facilities and system upgrades
- Support corporate state and local permitting and project activities
- Responsible for implementation of applicable electrical codes and regulations during project execution
- Interface with an array of individuals in order to define and carry out work requirements for initial development and project type expansions of various size high voltage interconnection and transmission facilities
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous period of time and read and understand maps
- Must be able to work weekends and/or holidays when necessary
- Must be able to travel extensively to other locations, including international and rural areas to work on other projects
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Minimum 4 years electrical education
Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be accountable for individual and team results
The ability to motivate self and others to set and achieve high performance standards
Must have the ability to read, write and speak English at a level that will permit the employee to understand and communicate information in a manner that will enable the employee to safely and efficiently perform the job duties
Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and use of the Internet
Proficient in AutoCAD and PLS CADD is preferred
Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT’s auto insurance carrier
- The ability to lift 50 pounds periodically
- The ability to navigate and work in remote field locations and work outdoors in difficult weather conditions.
- The ability to walk, hike, and work on steep, rough terrain for extended periods of time.
- The ability to safely operate 4WD light vehicles on highways and off-road.
- Must be able to frequently climb ladders, climb to and work off of elevated platforms, ladders and walkways
- Protective equipment and fire retardant clothing must be worn in the performance of some duties
- Job requires sitting 20% of the time, standing 80%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.