Project Manager - Energy Storage
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Departments: Battery Storage
Ormat serves the changing world of electricity generation, distributed generation and demand management by enabling a comprehensive umbrella of solutions starting from energy and demand response management and energy storage systems. We provide grid operators with the power to enhance grid performance, stability and responsiveness – while delivering capacity at the right time and the right price.
We also provide commercial, industrial and municipality clients with reliability and power quality solutions as well as peak shaving and demand charge management solutions to lower their utility bill and, in the unregulated markets, provide ancillary market services to generate revenue.
Leveraging the skills of Ormat Technologies and Viridity Energy Solutions teams of energy solutions and storage experts, we have an extensive track record of successfully delivering projects in the US electricity markets.
This position is responsible for management of all project aspects (performance, schedule and cost) from initiation and until the final turnover to the end user. The Project Manager will be the focal point for all project aspects with the project team members and stakeholders including vendors, subcontractors, client and management. This position will drive for the successful completion of assigned projects as well as manage and drive the technical initiatives; enhance program and project management practices and enhance project management team capabilities.
- Manage project execution in all aspects, manage and track progress of all project activities, address any risk and concern, initiate and apply any necessary modification and mitigation to ensure projects are delivered, on time, within budget, per high quality standards, meet performance and fulfill stakeholders’ expectations.
- Lead, manage and motivate project teams and members successfully.
- Responsible for tracking all project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of the project and end users.
- Provide periodical reports, as instructed and required, to management and obtain management approval as required.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review, and escalating functionality, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the organization that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Manages one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity.
- Provide support for special projects and endeavors as assigned.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Electrical engineering knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Understanding of battery energy storage system applications and operational strategies a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing programs and projects.
- Demonstrated success in full lifecycle project management roles in any/all of the following fields is preferred:
- Power plant design, development, construction or commissioning.
- Large scale system (hardware, firmware, or software) integration.
- Distributed energy resource integration or controls.
- Battery energy storage system installation.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and influence positively a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a strong ownership mentality.
- Expert knowledge of creating business requirements, work plans, project schedules and associated project artifacts.
- Professional-level capabilities with project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to Ormat’s auto insurance carrier.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time to international and domestic locations as-needed per project.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- This position requires sitting 80% of the time and standing and walking 20% of the time.
- The ability to work at a computer and computer monitor for long periods of time.
- Must be able to wear a variety of protective equipment as required by safety procedures and regulations.
- Must be able to work in severe weather conditions.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds without assistance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.