- Reno, NV, USA
- Departments: Resources
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, Ormat is a leading geothermal company and the only vertically integrated company solely engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG), with the objective of becoming a leading global provider of renewable energy.
This position is responsible for conducting performance monitoring and engineering studies on Ormat’s geothermal fields for purposes of forecasting and optimizing resource utilization.
- Reports to Resource Manager, or Vice President
- Design, specification, optimization, and performance monitoring of Ormat's fleet of downhole production pumps; diagnose problems, propose improvements, plan remedial action and assist with execution of the work.
- Analyze performance of production and injection wells, diagnose problems, propose improvements, plan remedial action, and assist with permitting and execution of the work
- Analyze performance of reservoir models, collect data to improve models, and retain an understanding of how Ormat's geothermal reservoirs operate.
- Assist in the Evaluation effects of any corrective action or change in field operations considering power generation, revenue and long-term resource performance.
- Work with well field operations personnel and Manager to formulate and justify recommendations for changes in field operations, well work overs, drilling, or other corrective actions.
- Plan and specify well tests, logs and other diagnostic procedures, engineering field supervision and analysis of results.
- Planning, engineering supervision, analysis and reporting of routine well logs and testing for regulatory compliance.
- Document analyses, interpretations of logs, well tests, diagnostic procedures and results of work overs, drilling and other changes in operations.
- Maintain the quality and completeness of Ormat’s resource data base and operating records.
- Collect reservoir data, analyze well logs and well test, and develop reservoir conceptual models.
- Assist in the design of reservoir models to be used for future performance and optimization.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous period of time and read and understand maps.
- Must be able to travel approximately 50% of the time
- Assure adequate and accurate resource data collection.
- Prepare budgets for field O&M, testing, work overs, and other well field work.
- Provide engineering assistance to drilling and field operations as needed.
- Interface with Ormat’s consultants to provide data, define their scope of work and make proper use of their results.
- Make presentations and present recommendations to senior personnel.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Petroleum, or similar preferred)
- Demonstrable independent work and good technical communication.
- Reservoir engineering and field experience with operations and/or well testing/logging.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.
- Knowledge of well testing and reservoir modeling methods and software.
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems and database query tools, SCADA, Power BI preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT auto insurance carrier.
- Ability to travel and work in remote field locations and extreme weather conditions
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- The ability to work at a computer and computer monitor and use repetitive motion for long periods of time
- Some international travel required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.