Intern - Geology
- Reno, NV, USA
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, Ormat is a leading geothermal company and the only vertically integrated company solely engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG), with the objective of becoming a leading global provider of renewable energy.
Assist geologic staff in data searches, preparation of geologic/geophysical reports and graphics. Participate in mapping, sampling, drilling, and geophysical programs as directed by Staff Geologists, Project Managers, or the Exploration/Development Manager. Organize files and samples.
- Compile geologic, geophysical, and land maps into digital format.
- Maintain and update digital databases.
- Prepare maps for presentation.
- Collect geologic and geochemical samples.
- Perform research including background literature, well logs, organize into project data sets.
- Organize and analyze drill cuttings.
- Maintain some field equipment.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
- Work with Project Manager and geosciences personnel to assure adequate data evaluation.
- Provide assistance to field operations as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Working on or recently completed bachelor’s, master's or doctoral degree in engineering or geological sciences.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT’s auto insurance carrier.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS word, Excel, Power Point, and use of the Internet.
- Ability to travel and work in remote field locations and extremes of weather.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Travel approximately 50% of the time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.