Plant Operator 1
- Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, USA
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, Ormat is a leading geothermal company and the only vertically integrated company solely engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG), with the objective of becoming a leading global provider of renewable energy.
The primary responsibility of a Plant Operator is to ensure that the operation of the power plant is safely and efficiently carried out in accordance with Plant Safety Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures. Additional duties include; monitoring plant systems and equipment on a continuous basis, and responding to alarms and out of specification parameters by taking appropriate corrective action.
- Strictly adhere to and enforce safety procedures and successfully complete operator safety qualifications.
- Review routine operating data, troubleshoot abnormal indications and take corrective actions.
- Maintain a chronological log of plant activities.
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of plant activities.
- Prepare and recommend operating procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks (PM’s).
- Perform fire equipment testing.
- Assist with equipment isolation, evacuation and lockout/tagouts.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance.
- Must be able to remain alert while driving for continuous period of time and read and understand maps.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holiday when necessary.
- Must be able to work 12-hour rotating shifts and cover call outs as required.
- Must be able to read and follow written procedures.
- Must be able to interpret mechanical process and electrical drawings.
- Perform other duties as directed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to understand procedures and instructions to the areas of assignment as would be acquired in four years of high school.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to Ormat’s auto insurance carrier.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in e-mail communications and spreadsheets. Must be proficient in MS Excel, Outlook, and use of the Internet.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- The ability to lift 20 lbs. periodically.
- Must be able to frequently climb to and work off of elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in harsh weather conditions.
- Must be able to wear a variety of protective equipment.
- This job requires sitting 30% of the time and standing 70%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.