Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls Technician 1
- Heber, CA 92249, USA
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, Ormat is a leading geothermal company and the only vertically integrated company solely engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG), with the objective of becoming a leading global provider of renewable energy.
This position is responsible for installing, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing low and high voltage electrical equipment.
- Observe and follow plant environmental and operational rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Strictly adhere to and enforce safety procedures as required by ORMAT, CAPP, and OSHA.
- Ensure work is done in compliance with electrical (NEC and NFPA) codes.
- Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair low and high voltage electrical equipment.
- Install and calibrate analog and discrete instrumentation and control valves.
- Read, understand and effectively utilize technical information from electrical schematics, vendor information, procedures and codes.
- Perform voltage, current and arc flash calculations.
- Perform arc flash calculations.
- Calibrate and use test equipment associated with the power plant electrical and safety systems.
- Participate in planning and scheduling maintenance activities.
- Create and modify reports and records associated with the electrical systems of the power plant.
- Perform corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance tasks as required.
- Provide recommendations for reliability improvements.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous period of time and read and understand maps.
- Must be able to work weekends and/or holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to travel extensively to other locations, including rural areas to work on other projects.
- Perform environmental and general housekeeping duties.
- Attend Monthly Safety and Maintenance training.
- Perform other duties as directed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- The ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the areas of assignment as would be acquired in three to four years of high school.
- Three (3) years of experience in the power generation or similar process industries.
- Hands-on experience in operations, maintenance and project implementation related to power production, turbine-generators, auxiliary equipment, power and control systems.
- The ability to read process control documentation such as process flow diagrams, control logic block diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, electrical schematics, circuit diagrams and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to methodically troubleshoot electrical and control systems.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English at a level that will permit the employee to understand and communicate information in a manner that will enable the employee to safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing,
- spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT’s auto insurance carrier.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
- The ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions and 50 pounds from the floor to the waist.
- Must be able to climb ladders, climb to and work off of elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in harsh weather conditions.
- Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties
- Job requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time with moderate bending, stooping, and kneeling.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.