Staff Software Engineer, Monetization Team
Order.co is the first and only Spend Efficiency Platform that helps businesses save time, save money, and gain clarity into their spend. Order.co eliminates manual purchasing and payment tasks and gives your team one place to purchase, approve, track and pay for all the physical goods your business needs. With customizable budgets and reporting, operations and finance teams can take back control over the buying process and start spending efficiently.
Founded in 2016 and headquartered in New York City, Order.co oversees spend for hundreds of customers like WeWork, SoulCycle, Lume, and High Level Health. Order.co has raised $50M in funding from industry-leading investors like MIT, Stage 2 Capital, Rally Ventures, 645 Ventures, and more. Order.co has been proudly named as a 50 to Watch by Spend Matters and a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn.
See growth from a new perspective, when everything is in Order.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be the founding member of the new Monetization team at Order, working directly with the Co-Founder/CTO on a day-to-day basis, with regular collaboration with our SVP of Operations along with our Co-Founder/CBO. The early work and experimentation done will guide the team’s growth, targeting becoming a self-sustaining pod with engineering, product, and design resources by the end of 2023. The Monetization team is responsible for defining our pricing and rewards program for the nearly half a billion dollars of orders flowing through the platform annually, and balancing generating a scalable and lucrative margin with pricing that is fair, clear, and enticing to customers. It will experiment with strategies to recommend high margin products, simplify areas like taxes and shipping, and demonstrate the savings customers realize in Orders in a way they can easily see the value. This role is ideal for someone who is excited by starting something new, operates comfortably in areas of ambiguity, and wants to work directly with some of the most senior members of the business.
- Work directly with the CTO, business stakeholders, and design to experiment and define team strategy and roadmap for the next 1-2 years
- Write sustainable, high-quality, high-performance code that sets a high standard for the team and will easily be built upon in the future
- Become the expert in your team's domain and adjacent domains that affect your team
- Design simple services and systems with a focus on iterative development, reliability, and minimizing the cost of future changes
- Identify and document dependencies at a project and story level, and ensure they are well understood by the team
- Help your team make clear decisions in alignment with organizational goals, backing decisions made, and taking responsibility for their success
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for yourself and your team, providing technical mentorship wherever possible and helping define and vet the resources that will be added to the team over the course of 2023
- You have a strong leadership mindset and are motivated by accountability
- You are results-oriented
- You are comfortable operating in ambiguity
- You are excited by the opportunity to work directly with senior leadership and can translate business and technical concepts in both directions
- You love helping people in your team grow and improve, and are excited by the idea of being the founding member of a new team
- Writing tests is an integral part of your development process
- You know how to design and build software incrementally
- Rallying people around achieving a goal comes naturally to you
- You are collaborative, open-minded, and looking to continue to develop your craft
- You are an expert in basic Computer Science concepts
- You can demonstrate competency with front-end frameworks like React
- You can demonstrate competency with Ruby, and Ruby on Rails
- Not only do you have experience with PostgreSQL and other SQL-based databases, you can optimize a SQL query
- You have practical experience with AWS (or other cloud services), infrastructure as code, and CI/CD
- You understand web application security, observability, and a lot of other things about building and operating software and services
What you'll receive
- A competitive compensation package as well as stock options
- Robust medical, dental, vision, and wellness benefits
- Flexible time off and remote work policies
- Employer-sponsored 401(k) with employer matching contributions
- The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is approximately $190,000 - $210,000. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills.
Order is an equal opportunity employer. Applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law.