Backbase Technical Lead for APAC
- Hong Kong
Orbium is a dynamic management and technology consulting firm which is now part of Accenture Wealth Management. Focused exclusively on financial services and wealth management, it has grown organically to over 500 employees with offices in Europe, Asia and North America and serves 50 renowned international banks. Orbium is shaped by its employees from various backgrounds and cultures: sharing the same standards and a strong work ethic to ensure fairness and objectivity. Talent management, team spirit, international opportunities and an innovative mindset drive Orbium’s success.
Want to thrive in a company that shares your values? Take up the Orbium challenge and join us!
After the introduction into our application portfolio and our development environment, your tasks and responsibilities would include:
- Working with various stakeholders to understand and write technical specification
- Working with a digital project manager to ensure a high quality and timely implementation and delivery of Backbase system, including break down and planning of project tasks, effort estimates etc.
- Responsible for the proposed architecture
- Leading a cross-functional team of developers on the Backbase platform (front end and back end, across CXP, DBS and Forms)
- Responsible for code quality (i.e. quality assurance)
- Providing support during SIT, UAT and product deployment phase
- Comfortable working in a Waterfall/SDLC as well as Agile project set up
- Coaching and motivating junior developers
- Troubleshoot and remediate technical issues
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- Min 4 years of Backbase experience, having led at least 2 Backbase projects
- 8+ experience of working on and delivering IT projects
- Experience of leading big teams of developers (15+)
- Front end (either web, iOS or Android) and back end experience
- Experience with building using patterns (MVC,widgets, modular)
- Understand modern JS frameworks and API layers
- Ability to work under pressure and handle tight deadlines
- Able to work independently, pro-active, mobile, organized and results driven
- Takes ownership of work and quality
- Flexible to travel for work, if needed, with the possibility extended periods abroad
- Excellent communication skills in English
We offer you diverse and challenging assignments, exposure to top-tier clients, possibilities to develop multi-disciplinary IT / business skills, training opportunities, a competitive compensation package and the unique chance to be part of a fast growing consulting and IT implementation firm. If you are interested in a new challenge within a dynamic and motivated team, please send us your application.