Senior Accountant/ Accountant (6 months contract)
- Hong Kong
If you think outside the box, inspire transformation and are solution oriented, then we invite you to join our team. At Orbium, we work with leading financial institutions to deliver results. Leverage your knowledge and skills for more business successes, take up the Orbium challenge.
Reporting to the Head of Accounting (Group CFO), the Accountant is part of the Global Accounting Team who manage together with local accounting providers the proper accounting reporting in dedicated countries. Additionally, the person is responsible for maintaining the financial and accounting administration processes for the Hong Kong entity.
Your main responsibilities
Entity Hong Kong (20%)
- Primary point of contact related to local accounting subjects especially for the local accounting provider as well as Orbium Group Accounting
- Coordinate and assuring proper accounting documentation flow, incl. expense claims for Orbium Ltd. (HKG)
- Ensuring proper physical documentation for accounting, tax etc.
Global Accounting (80%)
- Support dedicated countries in accounting subjects and ensure the fulfillment of the Group accounting standards
- Supervise the local accounting providers of these countries
- Analysis of monthly financial reporting and integration it into the group reporting
- Collaboration and coordination with Global Accounting Team in ZRH and Manila
- Support Orbium group consolidation and year-end closing
- Responsible within the Accounting Team for preparation and realization of audits by the statutory auditors or any other authorities
- Support SAP Business ByDesign implementation
- Participate and /or lead optimizations for various financial processes and calculations on local and global level
- At least bachelor degree from finance/accounting and/or CPA.
- At least 5 years of experience handling finance/accounting role
- Experience with international accounting standard such as IFRS
- Very good knowledge of MS Office incl. practical experience with MS Excel
- Experience with SAP Business ByDesign an advantage
- Willingness to work in different areas in a fast-paced environment
- Orientation to details and quality
- Next to Cantonese, excellent communication skills with a very good command of written and spoken English
- Used to work independently
We offer you diverse and challenging assignments, exposure to top-tier clients, possibilities to develop multi-disciplinary IT / business skills, training opportunities, a competitive compensation package and the unique chance to be part of a fast growing consulting and IT implementation firm. If you are interested in a new challenge within a dynamic and motivated team, please send us your application.