Project Manager I | Kansas City or Denver
- Overland Park, KS
- Travel Required: 30 - 39%
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
A Project Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of multiple projects under limited supervision. Project Managers lead project activity from inception to completion, identify and document project requirements, support clients on various information security initiatives, keep all stakeholders apprised of project and budget status, and manage issues to resolution. Project Managers are also responsible for assembling project teams, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing a schedule to ensure timely completion of the project.
How you’ll make an impact:
Project Leadership (100% of incumbent’s time is related to project leadership, percentages below further delineate what these responsibilities include)
- Independently manage project activities from inception to completion.
- Provides a single point of contact during the project for all aspects of the engagement.
Project Communication/Risk Management (30%)
- Communicate with stakeholders on project performance and escalated project issues.
- Conduct and coordinate meetings and provide project update summaries to appropriate parties.
- Communicate client concerns, questions and conflicts to sales and service delivery teams.
- Meet regularly with team to aid in identifying issues and strategies.
- Responsible for coordination and collaboration of project events, meetings, and technical resources and must have experience with third party relationships.
- Generate and distribute status reports and lead meetings to disseminate appropriate information to stakeholders.
- Take proactive steps to protect the company from project issues and risks.
Project Monitoring/Budgets/Timelines (20%)
- Proactively monitor and report on project budget, timelines and deliverables.
- Meet project requirements for effective reporting, invoicing and revenue activities.
Resource Management (20%)
- Responsible for the assignment, coordination and collaboration of all project resources.
- Work in partnership with practice leadership to maximize consultant utilization through effective scheduling.
Relationship Building (10%)
- Build and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Project Scoping/Requirements (10%)
- Review and lead clarification (as required) of project scope, captured in the services statement of work and working closely with the customer and sales to identify specific customer requirements.
- Study assigned programs, understand client requirements, and analyze program goals and targets.
- Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
Project Metrics and Reporting (5%)
- Provide project metrics to practice leadership for decision support.
- Research, collect and evaluate project data necessary to meet project reporting and evaluation requirements.
- Provide project plan trend analysis and control including analysis, research, development and maintenance of the project data.
Operations Improvement (5%)
- Sponsor improvement initiatives.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and project management techniques.
- Provide recommendations for improvement of project management processes currently in use.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university (a combination of education and demonstrated experience in the industry may be considered)
- Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) or achieve certification within 2 years of hire.
- Two or more years of experience in a customer facing role and/or IT role required.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Internet Navigation required.
- Demonstrated understanding of fiscal planning, business case development, contract management, and program application development methodologies required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Previous experience with CRM applications preferred.
- Previous experience with professional service automation (PSA) applications preferred.
- Previous experience in a professional services environment preferred
- Experience related to vulnerability management, security/infrastructure design, risk analysis and mitigation, disaster/contingency planning, certification/compliance testing, data loss prevention, Network Security Strategies, Technical Documentation, industry standards such as ITIL, COBIT, ISO standards, PCI, SOX, Rollout/Implementation and User Training/Support preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.