Director Platform Management & ASP - Dallas, Texas
- Dallas, TX
- Travel Required: 0 - 9%
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
The Director Platform Management and ASP has overall responsibility for leading the day-to-day Optiv Cyber Operations delivery of solutions supporting client’s on-premise, cloud and or As-A-Service technologies as well as the Authorized Support Program. The position will work closely with the Services leadership team to help identify, recommend, develop, implement, and deliver solutions for all aspects of Cyber Operations platform management services. The position will be responsible for maintaining mature service delivery methodologies for their practice areas. The position requires a strong technical leader with outstanding customer service skills who is able to plan and execute in a 24x7 fast paced environment. The position provides Practice Management, Leadership, Strategy, Offer Management, Sales Enablement, and directs high-priority initiatives while ensuring adherence to quality standards. The position is closely involved in helping to mentor, develop and evaluate employee performance as well as helping with development and continuous improvement of the Cyber Operations services.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Lead 24x7 SOC teams providing operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Work closely with customers on reporting, stewardship calls and in the case of escalations.
- Enforce all policies and procedures, including those for security, disaster recovery, standards and service provision.
- Oversee the security of Client systems, operating systems, hardware, and software.
- Keep current with the latest vendor updates, expansion opportunities, and technology directions, utilized in the Clients environment.
- Collaborate and consult with other Group Managers on the overall advancement of the MSS organization and Optiv in general.
- Direct and drive process and documentation improvement.
- Manage financial aspects of the MSS Engineering Group, including preparation for purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Compile, negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements as required.
- Manage staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Develop and maintain an educational environment where the knowledge and performance of the group is constantly advancing.
- Perform annual staff appraisals.
- Ensure timely reporting of security control gaps and vulnerabilities to the customer.
- Stay abreast of evolving risks, new developments in the security industry and industry best practices in risk management, threat analysis and threat response techniques.
- Attend info security related events and networking with industry peers to inform engineering and operations processes of effective risk mitigation strategies for attacks.
- Oversee team’s production of threat intelligence reports that communicate the results of the analyses to the respective audience.
- Responsible for joint team effort to normalize data from vulnerability assessment, penetration test, incident response and application security project deliverables.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, other group heads regarding pertinent activities.
- Develop and mentor staff through open communication, training and development opportunities, and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation.
- The SOC Engineering Managers for Platform Management, Authorized Support, Endpoint and VMS report to the Director Platform Management & ASP.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or similar area of study required.
- Requires 5 years SOC experience.
- Requires 7 years Information Security Experience
- Requires 10 years Information Technology Experience
- Prefer 3 – 5 years Managed Services experience
- Prefer 3 - 5 years vulnerability scanning and management systems experience
- Prefer 3 – 5 years endpoint security technologies experience
- Prefer 3 – 5 years’ experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Security Incident Response Team (SIRT), or Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) investigating targeted intrusions through complex global network segments.
- Preferred candidates will have one or more certifications in Security/Networking including Security+, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP or other security specific vendor/product certifications
- Proven ability to make decisions and perform complex problem solving activities under pressure.
- Advanced business acumen and technical savvy required.
- Sharp analytical abilities and the ability to make sound decisions quickly required.
- Previous management and project leadership experience required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.