- Overland Park, KS
- Travel Required: 0 - 9%
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
A Payroll Specialist will assist in bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly payroll
processing for approximately 1,800 employees and 150 jurisdictions, including payroll processing,
maintenance of records.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide excellent communication/customer service skills both written and verbal to the company’s employees with 24 hours as defined by departmental policy.
- Manage Payroll alias inbox
- Work closely with Senior Payroll Specialist to assist in escalation resolutions and data analysis
- Prepare and manage the payroll process according to Wage and Hour laws, in a timely manner and in compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Process hourly and salaried payrolls using Workday Payroll, including timecard exceptions, bonuses, commissions, other earnings & deductions.
- Audit and correct data imported from time and attendance system to ensure accuracy.
- Collaborates with PEO Canada Payroll team and VKA India Payroll team to ensure accurate foreign payroll processing.
- Partners with HRBP’s to manage the unemployment process.
- Ability to research and complete Verification of Employments.
- 3-5 years related experience managing and processing 500+ employee, multi-state/jurisdiction payrolls
- Experience with international payrolls a plus
- Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and employees
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportion and percentages.
- Workday payroll experience a plus
- Certifications of CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) or FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.